• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better fans for H100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Scythe GentleTyphoons, the 1850RPM RPM versions. If you want something cheaper and easier to find, try some medium or high speed Yate Loons.

I'm looking for this review I read before I bought my h100 that compared the stock fans with a few others including the AP15's and the stock fans from the h80, oddly enough. The end result was that the stock fans are just about the best for that rad... I'll keep looking and post if I can find it. The AP15s would certainly be quieter, however.

Another thing to note...

I bought 4 PWM fans to run on mine since the fan controller is supposed to be able to run PWM... Well for some reason the fans never even turn on.

This is the response I got from Corsair about it... Not much help...

Hello,

Some aftermarket fans will not work on the system due to a number or version, mainly watts required. Because we designed these fans for our H80 and H100 most aftermarket fans will spin at one speed and will not vary with the profile.

Ram Guy

Hello,

Some aftermarket fans will not work on the system due to a number or version, mainly watts required. Because we designed these fans for our H80 and H100 most aftermarket fans will spin at one speed and will not vary with the profile.

Thats the first I've heard about this... I assume the pin out for PWM corsair uses for that pump is standardized and I don't see how the pump would see a wattage discrepancy and lock to a voltage and stay there. In other words, the PWM should pulse regardless... That makes no sense at all though.. What wattage were the new fans, convicted?

...and I still can't find that darned review I read

Thats the first I've heard about this... I assume the pin out for PWM corsair uses for that pump is standardized and I don't see how the pump would see a wattage discrepancy and lock to a voltage and stay there. In other words, the PWM should pulse regardless... That makes no sense at all though.. What wattage were the new fans, convicted?

...and I still can't find that darned review I read

Yeah... I know.. It didn't make any sense to me either.

Here's the fans I tried...

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5...9-Blade_PWM_Fan_R121225BU.html?tl=g36c365s936

In the thread here about making a PWM controller, the PWM signal might need to be inverted, or the fans use a different PWM frequency than most fans. Or even the PWM pulses are higher/lower in voltage.

Back