• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better to OverClock FSB or Multiplyer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think you can lower the multiplier still on AMD, right? I don't knonw never owned one before, but some of the stickies say to lower multiplier and raise fsb.

If you got one of the newer, locked ones then there's no way to change the multiplier and you'll be stuck with only FSB oc.
But the general rule of thumb is to get the best combination of highest and FSB a multi that will give you the highest speed you're stable at.

mista ting said:
Whats better to oc the FSB or Multiplyer?, im on a barton 3000+/400FSB

I suppose it depends on why you overclock..... if its for gaming purposes.. go for the fsb.... if you're just after the best clocks period then go for the best combination of multi and fsb..... since I like to enjoy my games I'd rather have higher fsb than multi...... my cpu can run at 2.6Ghz but I'd have to lower my fsb to get there.... I ain't gonna do that.... :D

on a new barton u cant but if u can u want a lower mutiplier higher fsb = better performance. this is so cuz when u rise your fsb your making everything else go faster

drats :bang head i just tryed upping the multiplyer and the cpu clock dont increase but i can still underclock the multiplyer i guess its locked at 10.5 :( but i did the fsb and it worked, so i should lower the cpu clock and increase the fsb?

mista ting said:
drats :bang head i just tryed upping the multiplyer and the cpu clock dont increase but i can still underclock the multiplyer i guess its locked at 10.5 :( but i did the fsb and it worked, so i should lower the cpu clock and increase the fsb?

If you can lower the multi then yes.... lower multi, higher fsb

Back