• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bigger is Better

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And keep in mind, like I said earlier, that you can drop in a 775 motherboard for around $50 if you want to. Then you'll be able to put in any 775 processor and overclock it.

And keep in mind, like I said earlier, that you can drop in a 775 motherboard for around $50 if you want to. Then you'll be able to put in any 775 processor and overclock it.

Most Dell boxes don't have the standoffs and other necessary mounting hardware for a standard ATX or mATX motherboard. You simply can't mount a "normal" motherboard in just about any modern Dell without very heavy modifications. I've found Dimensions, OptiPlexes, Precisions, and plenty of other models are like this.

Keep in mind that you could get a motherboard and a new case and new optical drives and a new HSF.... :D

Stupid Dell cases.

Also does the board even have mounting holes for a Skt 775 heatsink I know Dell does their heatsink mounting a little funky a lot of the time.

That would shock me. Dell doesn't manufacture anything of theirs, as far as I know. They're likely rebadged, like Petey said.

I've seen all kinds of boards in dells, Alot were retail intel boards rebaged, HP uses ASUS, they even have the branding on the back.

Back