• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOSTAR TPower I45: New Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, I do love those Low DDR2 prices. I just wait for those memory deals at NewEgg. It is so nice to have a few pairs for testing and OCing. Thanks for the settings. I'm going to try them out this weekend. I got my CMOS jumper setup so I can clear it now with a push of a button. I also just got CrossFire working last night with (2) 4870. Wow is gaming really fun now ! :bday:

man it looks like i have been missing all the fun. i have been really busy at work lately and am still waiting for my mushkins to come in before i start ocing again. been running stock for a couple of weeks now and it killing me. hopefully my mid next week ill b back in action. lets see what you guy can push those duals to!

I've been doing some limited exploring with vcore of +0.250v on my cpu. I used my new Kingston HyperX PC2-9200 2x1GB (spec 2.3v) and RCOMP 3

Attachments

• TPower I45 E8600 500FSB RCOMP3 cpuz.png
    TPower I45 E8600 500FSB RCOMP3 cpuz.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 521
  • TPower I45 E8600 500FSB RCOMP3 SuperPi.png
    TPower I45 E8600 500FSB RCOMP3 SuperPi.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 527
  • TPower I45 E8600 500FSB RCOMP3 MemSet.png
    TPower I45 E8600 500FSB RCOMP3 MemSet.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 522
Last edited:
The previous overclock appears to be failing for me now so I backed off a little.

Attachments

• TPower I45 E8600  4.712Ghz SuperPi Bench.png
    TPower I45 E8600 4.712Ghz SuperPi Bench.png
    63 KB · Views: 524
  • TPower I45 E8600  4.712Ghz SuperPi CPUZ.png
    TPower I45 E8600 4.712Ghz SuperPi CPUZ.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 535
  • TPower I45 E8600  4.712Ghz SuperPi MemSet.png
    TPower I45 E8600 4.712Ghz SuperPi MemSet.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 517
I just finished this build.

Thanks for all the info here. I'm going to try the settings and get this MB up to where it should be this week. This rig will be for my son. The Bios is real confusing for me. The last rig has been running 2 years (Opty 175 on a A8N32 SLI) and still going strong. My sons rig died last week. I will let you know if I learn anything to make our rigs more stable. There is a lot of info out there. Its just scattered all over because of the Newness of the MB.
Thanks again
bob

Thanks for all the info here. I'm going to try the settings and get this MB up to where it should be this week. This rig will be for my son. The Bios is real confusing for me. The last rig has been running 2 years (Opty 175 on a A8N32 SLI) and still going strong. My sons rig died last week. I will let you know if I learn anything to make our rigs more stable. There is a lot of info out there. Its just scattered all over because of the Newness of the MB.
Thanks again
bob

This board can overclock especially with memory that is compatible with one of the RCOMPS. My OCZ Reaper PC2-9200 does well with RCOMP 2. However, I seem to be currently limited (high fsb) with my Kingston HyperX PC2-9200 and my Patriot Viper PC2-9600 but at least they both do 4-4-4-12 at 500fsb DDR2-1000. RCOMP 3

Last edited:
This board can overclock especially with memory that is compatible with one of the RCOMPS. My OCZ Reaper PC2-9200 does well with RCOMP 2. However, I seem to be currently limited (high fsb) with my Kingston HyperX PC2-9200 and my Patriot Viper PC2-9600 but at least they both do 4-4-4-12 at 500fsb DDR2-1000. RCOMP 3

Wow, just got back to reading this. Sorry. Which memory package is the best? I'm using Vista 64bit. Can I use 8Gb of any of the memory or would it even make a difference in speed? I've heard from corsair web site that putting in 4 sticks slows down the response. Please let me know which one OC's the best and I'll get some.
I'm close to building a new system for me just to beat my son. I figure e8600 and 8 gigs of ram will be enough. I've been looking a different MB's and man is that hard to read which is the best overall. I Love this T Power I45.
Thanks for your time and help
bob

I find that memory compatibility is a bit of a mystery as to why exactly some memory works well and yet others don't. I can't give you a sure-fire recommendation as to a brand that is guaranteed to run 600fsb+ at DDR2-1200+. In general I think 4GB kits can be a little harder to overclock than 2GB kits and 4 sticks is also more diffulcult than 2 sticks. I would imagine that 4x2GB sticks would be pretty challenging to overclock or for that matter if you would even be able to overclock them much at all.

helo my english is not so good but i hope that you understand me, i have see here this mbo biostar, i have that board and planty problems with her.
in the first place i will tell you what i have: mb- biostar t-power i45
cpu- e8600
4x1 gb ocz reper pc2 9200
pxu 600w ocz steth
and now is problem i cant go with fsb much out of 520fsb x 8 now its working with this configuration past occt 2.0.0 a.
i will be very hapy if somwhone can tell what i have to do to set my 4 x 1 gb at ratio 1:1 , with fsb 600 x 7.
can i do that i have ocz vendeta 2 cpu cooler , thermaltake armor bw8000 very mach coolers in case i think that is a posibl to do 600 fsb , but i see here nobady has try with 4 sticks of 1 gb to deficult for me im traying 3 days to to do that but inposible for me , i need help and suggestions pleas if can sombady help me it vill be very nice to give me bios setup with timings, voltage........ thanks
i hope that will help me somebady

badgonzzoo i know your anxious for help but please only make one post for help on your topic. this is third one i have found. just pm the op's of the biostar threads if you want their help with your problem.
rgrea: memory can be the biggest pia on this board. it seems no two of these boards are a like and the ram settings can be a pain. i found most of my problems revolved around rcomp and static tread value. your gonna have to play with those two setting in particular to get things running smoothly. good luck.

Back