• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin exchange rate discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My guess is that we are going to hit $10,000/BTC sometime tonight.

This is madness. I'm tempted to cash out and buy back when it crashes (it has to... right?), but my fear of missing out is winning right now.

This is madness. I'm tempted to cash out and buy back when it crashes (it has to... right?), but my fear of missing out is winning right now.

Could always sell a portion (half, quarter, whatever) and buy back if it goes down, but you would still have some left.

I'm scheduling a monthly buy (nothing big, like $100) that will split between a few currencies to make sure I'm diversified but able to get any increases.

The increase rates of all of these coins is pretty remarkable. Litecoin hit $100, Monero hit $200, Bitcoin Cash (new as of August) hit almost $2k I believe, and BTC hit about 11.5K before dropping back down.

It is so hard to go with anything right now, I'm just going to hold or sell a tiny bit to buy a new pellet grill/smoker or something, but am going to maintain enough that I won't regret selling too much if it continues to climb.

I sold out and luckily bought back in before it really started surging again. Even the NiceHash fiasco today hasn't seemed to put much of a dent in things, which I expected it would.

About to hit $15k today me thinks. Pretty incredible to blow past so many $1000 marks.

I absolutely cannot believe how far down my throat my own foot is! :rofl:

Amazing what it is doing!

Im right there with you; I think you and I both approached this setup with extreme skepticism and cynicism (THERES NO WAY!)

Some fun tidbits I found scrolling every other page or so; I believe I have a comment about 400$ being "ridiculous"

I think this is a settling point personally... $800 value is WAY too high...

In a year from now, we'll be able to look back on this thread and kick ourselves for not buying BTC at this price.

about 400+ BTC...

(6.6 million dollars)
Yup. No way will I cash out now.

I'll just regret it later on.

Well, it'll continue to go down...there's no kind of buy support from strong players anymore. I'd sell everything and stay in cash.

yeah sold out and even sold all my miners back a few years ago, yeah im kicking myself!!!!!!!!

It's true, all I'm doing now is mining on my 1080 while i'm not using my machine ($5/dayish) and I have a monthly auto-buy for a split of coins to diversify just in case.

Honestly, unless you get free electricity mining is not all that profitable still.

Its profitable... just not making hands over fist with coin/cash is all. Its not fantastic but hey its money I can spend on something else in the future... at a couple grand a year + prevailing market conditions.

Its profitable... just not making hands over fist with coin/cash is all. Its not fantastic but hey its money I can spend on something else in the future... at a couple grand a year + prevailing market conditions.

if you never stopped mining all the sudden all that previous work is now worth alot more. lol.

Back