• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin exchange rate discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And we're above the "magic" $10K mark. And still easing up some.

(Magic in quotes because of the effect on the human mind of round numbers, not any underlying facts related to BTC and that number.)

tis magic :))

tbh its very nice to see such a slow and steady recovery

It’s up because one BTC address has bought nearly $1Billion worth of Bitcoin over the last few weeks. Whales with this kind of cash are manipulating the market. Very possible for a big crash when they sell it off. Just my speculation for now.

It’s up because one BTC address has bought nearly $1Billion worth of Bitcoin over the last few weeks. Whales with this kind of cash are manipulating the market. Very possible for a big crash when they sell it off. Just my speculation for now.

whats the address ? is it dumping ?

Was it purchased or transferred? Could still be a whale but could be someone combining their wallets or something.

Thats a lot of cheddar. I'd gladly take 250k + enough to cover the taxes of that... pay of nearly every single bit of debt I have.

oh this is fun ... reminiscing through this can make you cry :D
now@34k lol

oh this is fun ... reminiscing through this can make you cry :D
now@34k lol

yes very much so i have cried my self to sleep many times over knowing that had i just held on to it id be able to retire right now :(

lol, thatd be hard being the crypto caretaker :D

Im just thinking about the 14 bitcoins I had and sobbing to myself gently. lol, looking back, I dont think I was inherently "incorrect" in my portrayal of it. It always was, always will be, extremely volatile and consumer driven. That said, I cant believe how painfully incorrect I was about my overall outlook of it though haha.

Im just thinking about the 14 bitcoins I had and sobbing to myself gently. lol, looking back, I dont think I was inherently "incorrect" in my portrayal of it. It always was, always will be, extremely volatile and consumer driven. That said, I cant believe how painfully incorrect I was about my overall outlook of it though haha.

no point man, never any point in dwelling over what may or may have not ... just look forward and get a mining rig going :))

Elon adds Bitcoin to his twitter bio and it goes up by 15-20%, pretty incredible.

Do you think Wall Street will fully embrace crypto? Also, if they do will they ruin it just like they have stock trading for the little guys.

Do you think Wall Street will fully embrace crypto? Also, if they do will they ruin it just like they have stock trading for the little guys.

haven't they already in ways ? most of the manipulation is done by them already :(
but this space is so different than theirs, its far more transparent (ironic aint it ?), it changes all the time, the DEFI movement is also growing so I think it will be far more resilient

p.s. wallstreet aint really against crypto, banks are
to wallstreet we are yet another market, another buck to make, another small guy to kick over, what they worried about in the past was the size of the market, but they are getting around on that
to banks we are a huge threat, store of value decentralized ? transaction fees decentralized ? OPEN LEDGERS ??? HOW DARE YOU ! :D just imagining that prick from BIS right now ...

I do regret not getting in on the original bitcoin mining thread here about a decade back. If I'd mined and held 100 BTC, I'd be able to retire now.

Of course I know I would have sold most of it off before we got to this point.

I do regret not getting in on the original bitcoin mining thread here about a decade back. If I'd mined and held 100 BTC, I'd be able to retire now.

Of course I know I would have sold most of it off before we got to this point.

yeeeep.. so no point :)

Back