• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitfenix Spectre LED loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Akkuron

Alright, I've got a Bitfenix Spectre 120mm LED fan. It comes with the usual 3-pin header and an extra 2-pin header that you can use to connect it to their LED controller accessories. If you don't wanna make use of the feature, it also comes with a 2-pin loop that you use to close the circuit, that way it functions as any other LED fan that rotates and lights up using the usual 3-pin header.

You can see what I'm talking about in this picture. To the upper right you can see the loop connected to the Spectre and right below that is the extender cable.

Anyway, my problem is I've lost the 2-pin loop. I do, however, still have the extender cable. I was thinking of cutting off the edge of the cable and connecting its 2 wires to each other, then connect that to the fan, so it can function in the same way the loop would.

This is what I'm talking about.

Is there any reason why that wouldn't work? I'm no electrician, but high-school physics says it should. Any more experienced user care to throw in their 2 cents, or a simple confirmation?

Thanks in advance.

Ahh this solves my problem as well. For some reason my Bitfenix Spectre LED 120mm didn't come with the 2 pin loop attached. Thanks for the idea/solution.

Back