• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Blue Screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaawew

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on why my Desktop would have just randomly blue screened, now ever time i turn it on it blue screens right when I get to the windows 7 loading symbol. I sat down at my desktop and tied to login to routerlogin.net to reset a setting in my router and it wouldnt load then after like 90 seconds my desktop just blue screened.

Overclock not stable. ( far from ! )

I havent been overclocking tho? its at 4.2GHz I would be very supprised if that was unstable?

Edit 1: hmmmm i just looked under my boot options and the problem may be that my ssd has failed </3 the only boot option is my Samsung hdd which has windows on it but that is old and not what i usually boot from.... I will look at this atm

Edit 2: Well it seems that somehow my boot drives just got switched..... once i set it back to boot from the SSD which randomly showed up under boot devices all is fine for now....

Last edited by a moderator:
Swap the Sata cable, could be as simple as a defective Sata cable.

P.S. even a low clock OC could be unstable .....

So now i have a new question :p, is it possible that my ssd failed once and made my pc bluescreen then when I tried to restart it the ssd wasnt working so my boot drive priorities got changed so that my HDD which has some hackjob windows which doesnt work was trying to boot?

Totaly possible, if you have 2 drives with windows on it the computer will start from any of those if your boot order is not properly set.

Totaly possible, if you have 2 drives with windows on it the computer will start from any of those if your boot order is not properly set.

Again my desktop has bluescreened and when i reboot into to EUFI the boot drive priorities are switched, #1 is the HDD and #2 is the SSD, could this be because the ssd is failing?

You just told your secondary HDD have a crap installtion on it ...

so that my HDD which has some hackjob windows which doesnt work was trying to boot?

You already answered yourself .... Your computer was booting from your HDD wich have a CRAPPY installation on it...........

You just told your secondary HDD have a crap installtion on it ...

You already answered yourself .... Your computer was booting from your HDD wich have a CRAPPY installation on it...........

no no but it bluescreens again while in windows, i dont use the hdd to boot from I only use the SSD which is having the problems. I just notice that when i restarted the desktop after the SSD BSOD's that the boot priority is always changed.

Then maybe something else is wrong. bad OC settings, memory timings or simply wrong/bad Sata cables if the BSOD is SSD related ( BSOD code ).

I think that my SSD has that crucial m4 5200 hour bug where after 5200 hours of use the ssd will BSOD every hour or so but work fine on restart for another hour then BSOD again. Does anyone have any experience with this issue or experience updating ssd firmware?

I updated the firmware on my SSD and all seems to be fine now, so I am guessing the only problem was the 5200 hour bug, the reason it would bluescreen when restarting is my desktop tried to load windows off another hdd which either has a broken or incomplete copy of windows installed .

Back