• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bobnova benched live, and got nothing done!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobnova

Got two runs.
Two.
That's it.
Just two.

2nd place 3d03 for 8600gt 16sp, and spi32m 6m 26.3ish.

Bah.

Last edited:
Why did you finish so quickly?

That's what she said.

That sucks Bob, today must not have been a great day for benching. Grats on the 2nd place though! I need to figure out how to get PCMark installed on my stripped XP.

Ice up the underside of dimm slot 1, that's what was causing the oddness and strangeitude.
No gain from going from -30 to -70, I'll probably run 30ish next time as it seemed marginally happier there, plus insulation isn't tested nearly as brutally at that temp.

Sometime this week the 8600 will go into the Oven for an attitude adjustment. The x800gto2 will be joining it.
WORK OR DIE, @&#%*s!

Did increase my spi32m best score, that's a plus. Ram was getting wet at that point though and refused to run >2150-7-10-7.

Also slapped out a quick 8600 run.
If I can resurrect this card it should do easy golds with a pot on it.
That said, I'm going to have to make a pot that actually fits I think.

Last edited:
Been contemplating it, there was a guy on HWBot that did.
He got decent performance too.
Guy before him got like 10% though :p

OOhhh....my bad. (runs off to hwbot to dig for said dude that did it)
:burn:

Is the performance loss just because of latency issues?

This would be ideal for me since SB requires no cold unless you've a very nice chip. ;)

Latency, dropped packets, something.
Don't really know.

You think you have woes now. Wait until you put that AN7 under DICE (don't bother with LN2, you'll see no gain). Better insulate that :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: but good!

I'll probably just melt a tub of vaseline and pour it on :p

Back