• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boinc Seti - 10th Place!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Put the pedal to the medal! :D

Well Done All!

Next Target: SETI Synergy

400,000 points seperate us. We outproduce them by 8000 points/day (roughly).
50 Days to overtake @ current production levels.

I'm thinking March 3, 2005 as an overtake date.

SimGuy said:
Put the pedal to the medal! :D

Well Done All!

Next Target: SETI Synergy

400,000 points seperate us. We outproduce them by 8000 points/day (roughly).
50 Days to overtake @ current production levels.

I'm thinking March 3, 2005 as an overtake date.

UPDATE: The difference is now down to roughly 260000 points. This means that we gained 140000 points in just one week :eek:

I threw together a quick spreadsheet, and the estimated takeover dates are as follows:

SETI Synergy...Feb 9
Ars Technica...May 26
Knights who say "Ni"...July 6

Would be nice to keep a page with this stuff updated weekly or so...

FloridaBear said:
I threw together a quick spreadsheet, and the estimated takeover dates are as follows:

SETI Synergy...Feb 9
Ars Technica...May 26
Knights who say "Ni"...July 6

Would be nice to keep a page with this stuff updated weekly or so...

YEEHAW!!! GO OVERCLOCKERS SETI TEAM!!! :burn:

Let's try to make the Ni Knights bow by the 4th of July(or sooner:~)... something kinda cool about that, don't cha think?...

Gemini is currently crankin' em out jUSt under our goal of 1000 completed work units in 30 days... 31.86/day average(34 on the 14th:~)... and I've been messin' with the UPS system and stupid motherboard monitor off and on throughout the while...

If I stay on till the 4th of July, I will have some downtime and at least occasionally have to drop our system dedication... but if ya'll are willing to commit to the goal, I'll sign on... :thup:

GO OVERCLOCKERS!!!

bchur83 said:
We need to get more SETI classic users moved over to BOINC. Imagine the power we would have if they all switched today.

Agreed...I've already virtually forgotten about classic! All my crunching, and the above estimates are for BOINC. BOINC is just better--especially on Pentium HT machines. The Berkeley folks need to get things running a little more smoothly before bringing over the masses :)

UPDATE: DIfference is now roughly 195000 points :eek: We are catching up very fast guys!! Lets keep it this way and we will have them within 15-20 days :burn:

Updated overtake dates (as of Jan 20):

SETI Synergy...Jan 31
Ars Technica...Apr 25
Knights who say "Ni"...May 23

These are quite an improvement even from a few days ago! Keep it up guys!

Oh, and I'll be over 20K Boinc credits tomorrow :)

guess whos back

ok, good news. My P4 3.0 with HT is back up as well as a 1.5 GHZ AMD machine I convinced a friend to let me "borrow." The stupid 1 GHZ AMD in my room won't boot :bang head , so it may be a while or it may start working in a few hours. Anyway, time to crank out some credit. :)

Onward and Upward!! Thanks for the updates FloridaBear.

My new 3.0E just arrived, just need to run out tomorrow and pick up her power supply and cooler - should have her crunching away by saturday - another 350+ per day for the team :)

UPDATE: Time for a little status :p Difference is now 90000 - this means another 100000 gained in just 7 days :drool:

But with validator falling behind I suspect that we are closer ;)

Back