• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

breakthroughs w/ F@H

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

anybody got some links to any "breakthroughs" done by using F@H ??

or any headline news resulting from F@H ?

just curious... ive been prolonging my jump to join and curiosity is catching up to me again .. :D

what sort of information are you looking for? What sort of breakthrough?

If you go to folding.stanford.edu.... you can find a lot of information about what results they have already.

Captain Newbie said:
Instead of wanting to read the headlines, you could join, and potentially help make them. :D

well thats where my question comes in..

id rather power down my pc and save energy then run 24/7 all for a what if ...

just curious if there had been anything regarding folding and major results from doing so.

we are all just part of the lab staff ... the only thing we can guarantee is that if we weren't all here folding there will not be any major breakthroughs!

Also, I don't believe there have been any major scientific breakthroughs in any field without many small steps seeding other small steps.

Einstein may have been a great theoretician, but without thousands of other scientists working on his theories, his work might now be just a bunch of old papers and books collecting dust somewhere.

I am doubtful that the basic research that Stanford is doing will directly result in that breakthrough. Instead I believe it will further other scientist's understanding of proteins and in combination with other efforts, will result in lots of major breakthroughs.

If science was more deterministic, we would have solved most of today's biology problems already, and be working on solving on new ones we haven't even recognized yet.

Join our FOLD, or join any FOLD ... just fold even if it is not 724. Else all those cpu cycles are just a wasted opportunity!

thanks for the helpful links... thats what i was looking for ..

the results page was very helpful !!

Back