• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD Memory, Memory Slot or CPU Issues? Advice/Help Needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lichinto

Hi All,

I hope someone can share some light on this, as I have been test my computer and try found out the cause of this and this have been puzzle me.

The CPU is Q6600 G0, Motherboard is P5N-E SLI
Ram is 4 stick of DDR2 800 4-4-3 2.1V which come to 8GB

Whenever try to install a fresh copy of Windows, a BSOD appear saying certain driver files cannot be read/load. Each time it will be a different message but it basicly the same things saying certain files cannot be load/read for installation.

So I quickly assume it is the memory issues, so I use memtest86 to test the ram.

I start off with 1 stick and test with each of the memory slot (4 in total). And it always have error from memtest86, its either 65536+ error on test 2, test 3, sometime on test 6. So i try test the other 3 stick and go through the same test, and it come again with error 65536+ error, but each stick i test on different slot come in error at different test.

So i assume the 4 stick is bad, so i borrow my work's computer's DDR2 800 Ram, the 4 stick i borrow is grab from a working PC. So I test it again with the borrowed RAM, again the same type of error appear on all 4 in each of the slot, always 65536+ error.

Correctly if I was wrong, I can safely assume it is the memory slot have Error, rather than the RAM stick itself?

It boot BIOS fine, it just won't install windows or any OS and always come BSOD.

If you can share any light or advice, I will be very thanksful, as this have puzzle me for ages.

Note: I have been tight the memory timming and voltage as same a the label to miniumn error, but still the same error, I also have been use auto to test, but again same error, and I even try underclock the RAM and test, again same error.

Is this a new system for you? What version of Windows are you trying to load? Was the PC running previously, and if so, what change can you remember making since it ran last?

Verify that the memory is running the correct speed. Also have you made any changes to the NB/MCH voltage?

Back