• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buddy's building a Ryzen 2 2600x system, need some input on part choices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How did he discover the problem? Did he pay someone else to dx it other than the original builder?

So Update: The dipstick fried his mobo. Sooo, its going to take 10 days or so to get the parts fixed up.

He didn't pay to have someone do it for him afaik, but that someone is rebuying the parts for him.

Heres to hoping nothing else got fried in the process.

I told him to call me and I'd walk him through doing it myself over video chat

He had some other guy put it together cause he's never done it himself.

Building a PC is not really a rocket science. Any basic guide or often motherboard manual says how to install it.

I would be interested in knowing what he did to fry the motherboard?

Update: The dipstick that out it together forgot the same screws that separate the mb from the case

Straight out of my buddy's mouth.

IE, they didn't put the riser stubs in. Wish I were there to do this, cause the guy he had do it obviously didn't know what he was doing. The mobo was shorting out on the chassis is my guess, causing a power loop.

There's your answer, Lochekey.

Think what lochekey meant is that type of short doesn’t normally lead to a fried mobo. But I’m assuming long periods of bootloop did it in with said short.

Think what lochekey meant is that type of short doesn’t normally lead to a fried mobo. But I’m assuming long periods of bootloop did it in with said short.

They were trying different things over the span of 5 days. 5 days of bootlooping aught to do it.

Update: RMA sent it back because it didn't have the bubble wrap cause his kids popped it all.

It WAS working until the dipstick plugged in a dvd drive, and somehow bricked it.

He works 16 hr shifts at his job, and actually had to work a 72 hr shift when his pc parts arrived. so he asked his friend to piece it together, cause he was too tired, and thought his friend knew enough to do it right.

Back