• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buffalo major..TCCD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the micron one looks like a nice stick to try heh..

TCCC as far as i know comes in higher density and can be made into 1GB sticks.. correct me if i'm wrong..

but great find there for the micron chipped ones

For those that don't know, the Gigaram was mislabeled by newegg, as well.

babyelf,

Yeah, I was posting similar thoughts at the same time as you.

hmm wonder if the ones @ NE are still micron.. cause the price is pretty good IMO..

and with micron based chip EOLed it might be a steal.. or might not (if they get allocated less capable chips)

Less capable chips...I like the way you phrased that. :)

That is always the concern...is Crucial getting the better ones, with the leftovers going to others or is the yield sufficient that Micron can supply everyone with decent chips.

edit:

It does beg the question...is the error that the ram is Micron like the pic, but identified as Samsung in the product description, or is the error that the ram is Samsung "C" not "D"...and the pic is all wrong.

The first wouldn't be too bad, the second might not be as attractive.

Reefa_Madness said:
Less capable chips...I like the way you phrased that. :)

That is always the concern...is Crucial getting the better ones, with the leftovers going to others or is the yield sufficient that Micron can supply everyone with decent chips.

well.. obviously i can't buy from egg.. :( they don't ship Int..

i'll try searching

It sure appeared to me that he was stepping forward.

What do you say guys? Do we accept his fine offer to take the initiative on this? :)

We are quick around here to help spend other's hard earned cash.

Edit:

Off to mow the yard before the rains from the daily summer thunderstorms arrive so I'll catch up with this thread later.

And speaking of the rains...keep the folks in Louisianna and Mississippi in your thoughts and prayers...and send them whatever you can spare.

Reefa_Madness said:
We are quick around here to help spend other's hard earned cash.

Edit:

Off to mow the yard before the rains from the daily summer thunderstorms arrive so I'll catch up with this thread later.

And speaking of the rains...keep the folks in Louisianna and Mississippi in your thoughts and prayers...and send them whatever you can spare.

heard it's pretty bad.. and saw some clips.. :(

tdamocles said:
I've noticed in the Newegg site that the Buffalo major 1gig stick uses the tccd chips....Does the 1gig(2x512mb) dual channel kit use tccds?

Has anyone used these sticks with good results?

Tom

I think it is a Samsung chip but cant tell you which serries. if you look at the JEDEC code the manufacturer # is 72 which is samsung
look at the 2 part numbers. top is buffalo and bottom is a part # for Samsung DDR400 taken from their website. under manufac. designation by JEDEC shows 72 for both.
http://www.buffalotech.com/documents/pdf/DD4333-1G.pdf
http://www.samsung.com/Products/Sem...DIMM/M368L6423FTN/spd_m368l6423ftn_ddr400.pdf

If you have time, you might want to compare other codes to see if Buffalo is CC4 or CCC as in samsung table
If it is, then you have hit a gold mine.

Back