• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

buggy 9700pro :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaltag

Got me a brand spankin' new 9700 pro (ATI retail) and have had alot of problems. For starters windows XP Pro (non SP1) refuses to remember what resolution it was at when i shutdown/restart it. Everytime I reboot it resets itself to 640x480 but only the primary monitor, the second monitor remains at 1600x1200 which is what i'm running both at. second, when I click the advanced tab in the display properties the SECONDARY monitor flickers and black lines move across the screen, it turns off and on twice, then flickers more then actually opens the advanced display properties and works fine from there. Third, when I try to run 3dmark 2001 and 2003 I get an error randomly during test saying that the 3d display adaptor could not be initialized. Sometimes I get the error when the test first starts other times it makes half way in but always somewhere different and it's always the same message. I seem to get the same type of issue occurring with unreal 2003 as it will occassionally boot me out or lock up. Fourth, The times my computer actually completes the test I only get around 11,300 which I think is way too low for the system (dual xp2500s, 768 DDR, msi k7d master. My single 2100 with OCed ti4200 got 11,430 with 256MB DDR. I'm using catalyst 3.2 drivers and DX9 along with newest bios and motherboard drivers. Any ideas are welcome!!! This is my first ATI card since my 8MB all-in-wonder 970 and I was hoping that the "driver horror stories" weren't true anymore but this is making me wary. Thanks Y'all :)

P.S. all clock settings are at stock on both systems except for the ti4200 card and yes FSAA and AA are off.

Have you checked ATI's site for 9700pro problems? They might have fixes for some of your problems.

You might try e-mailing ATI's tech support with your description here.

Good luck!

Wangster

Back