• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build Log (first WC build)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DI is very close to Dist. It just has to be really good water, all hard chemicals and such removed.

DI is the go to liquid in the UK. What do you use in a humidifier for a baby's room etc?

DI is very close to Dist. It just has to be really good water, all hard chemicals and such removed.

DI is the go to liquid in the UK. What do you use in a humidifier for a baby's room etc?

say whaaaaa? humidifier in a baby's room :shrug:. lol Nar I' ve been having no issues so far with my DI water. + mayhem biocide it seems ok.

The Tubing is clouding up which is annoying. But instead of replacing the tubing ive heard that the plasticiser that leeching out is actually quite easy to remove. ( a bloke on another forum say if you get some form of soft rag in the tube you can literally rub it off the inside of the tubes.)

I might just use some warm water with vinegar to losen it then clean the inside. I assume there is only so much plasticiser that can leech out of the pipes and i assume if you manage to clean it off it will = nice clear pipes afterwards for a longer period of time.

Yep, the annual rebuild I always run a rag with a bit of dishsoap through the tubing. It gets rid of most of it, and as the tubing gets older there is less plastcizer to leach out. Ultimately your tubing will stiffen. I am so disappointed with Primochill now, I use the LRT and I have a peice or two in my current rig that is over two years old, still good stuff.

Back