• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build My Own Case?? Help? New to this!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elluzion

:beer:Ok, well some of you may know I am doing a senior project and wanted to just put together a computer. But I need something that is A Minimum 15 Hours of actual work. I m willing to put more hours into this thing to make it nice/right. So I thought, why not just build a case :D

I would proabably have to build it out of steel. I have not done any metal work, but my dad could help me with that. Soldering etc, I wanted all clear windows on the top, and 4 sides. but not the bottom. How would I go about this. This seems like it would be tough and take allooot of time.

Instead of buying an antec 900 I was thinking of building a custom case, either a cube, or a tower. Not sure where to look to get started on something like this. What would I need? Ihave never build a computer before so this would probably be hard fo rme. How many hours of work do you think it would take?

Budget for supplies/materials: Up to $200 (if needed)

want it to be cool and stuff so I would probably put a lot of fans in it

Please someone point me into the right direction, thank you!

You mentioned soldering; a case is not soldered it is welded.
If you have an arc welder it would work, otherwise you would have to bolt or rivet the pieces together. Riveting is probably the easier method.
I think that wood is a much better method, you can cut it soooo much easier.
or
Go with acrylic/plexi you can find chemicals that bond them together. You could pain the areas you want and leave "windows" unpainted or leave it all clear.
Are you planning on OCing, WCing?
A cube might be easier for you, less problems than with vertical setup.

Just an idea, two cheap midsize cases scew them together to get one bigger one.

Yeah i dont want it to take too long though, thats why I was just thinking of making a water cooling system for my computer instead and just buy the antec 900. Also I could cut out the right side of the case and thenmake a clear panel or something. I think that would take 15 hours, and then plug in all the parts that I buy (first timer) how long do you think that would take me? because I have to right a report on this stuff. Also no clue how to do water cooling

Back