• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

building a comp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I didnt... With my mobo, support for 1333 FSB didn't come out of the box, so the first thing I had to do was flash the BIOS. Scariest thing ever! But I dont see a problem with doing Windows first thing.

Thanks.

im not putting it on top because i am putting watercooling in the top part of my case....

i could turn it on but what would be the point? i would just have to shut it down. It would be nice to see if it was working though..

QUESTION: when i first turn on my pc, should i put the xp cd in first thing and load the OS?

after bios set-up yea.

Hey would it be safe to start it up??? i dont have the video card or cd/dvd drive? just to see if it starts? then what should i do.? hold the power button down till it shuts down once i see its running.??? any dangers that could take place?

I finished it :D gfx card and cd/dvd drive came yesterday.

i was stupid. I didn't know that the psu switch was on, so i turned it off thinking i was turning it on and pressed the button and got sad. then i realized it was off, turned it on powered it up and it ran fine. Their were 4 fans that were connected on the same channel that didn't work and the hdd led and power led weren't working. but everything else was fine :D

Probably just have to turn them around in there hook up thingy. The polarity needs to be right, no biggie though.

like this:

11-fp_hdd_led.jpg

Probably just have to turn them around in there hook up thingy. The polarity needs to be right, no biggie though.

like this:

11-fp_hdd_led.jpg

Thanks a lot!!!!! i will fix that.

Not sure why my other fans aren't working... :-(

i will post a pic of the connector. But i am pretty sure that it should work...

Thanks a lot!!!!! i will fix that.

Not sure why my other fans aren't working... :-(

i will post a pic of the connector. But i am pretty sure that it should work...

Check th emolex connections (The connectors on the power supply cables) that are feeding your fans, and the molex connectors on the poer leads to your fans. Often those connectors for fans are done pretty badly, and they can and will short out on you sometimes. Play around with them till they work.

Check th emolex connections (The connectors on the power supply cables) that are feeding your fans, and the molex connectors on the poer leads to your fans. Often those connectors for fans are done pretty badly, and they can and will short out on you sometimes. Play around with them till they work.

my fans are connected to my mobo not my power supply. is that my problem ? i have 4 fans connected together with molex.

my fans are connected to my mobo not my power supply. is that my problem ? i have 4 fans connected together with molex.

If your fans are standard 4 pin connectors, plug them into a power supply molex. You can piggy-back them, they dont use much.

If your fans are standard 4 pin connectors, plug them into a power supply molex. You can piggy-back them, they dont use much.

good idea i will have to try that. also where can i find a 4pin atx mobo extension. i have to stretch it hard and it barely fits cause it has to go over the gfx card. I want to reoute it behind the mobo plate.

good idea i will have to try that. also where can i find a 4pin atx mobo extension. i have to stretch it hard and it barely fits cause it has to go over the gfx card. I want to reoute it behind the mobo plate.

We have the same power supply and there is a 2 pin molex extension plus another 4 pin molex connection directly to the power supply. Try them unless they are all being used.

Back