• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a pc right NOW!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

S.0.N.Y.0.0.7

Registered
I'm building my first pc and i'm near the end I think, but i'm not sure if i'm meant to install a graphics card i've bought now or when there is a OS on the h/d. I don't think the m/b as on board graphics but i'm not sure as I don't know what to look for !!!

Epox 8RDA+ nForce2 (Socket A) Motherboard (MB-019-EP)

hey glad to hear about your new system... if you have any questions, feel free to ask around... there are plently of people on tonight so you should get answers pretty quickly...

just so you know, that motherboard does not have an onboard video so you will need a graphics card...

When first powering up, leave your panels off and only your absolute minimum system requirements installed. Slowly add one component at a time until everything is up and running. Makes it a lot easier to determine defective or incompatible components or configurations, etc.

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions.

*edit* Welcome to the Forums.

Welcome to the forums.

Now lets see if I can move this to General Hardware. This would be my first attempt.;)

Well, what do you know. I think it worked.

Ridenow said:
Welcome to the forums.

Now lets see if I can move this to General Hardware. This would be my first attempt.;)

Well, what do you know. I think it worked.

this is pretty far off topic, but did you just get your green stars this morning, ridenow? i thought you were only a senior member, but you were listed as a mod under the list of members online and yet your profile still had blue...

either way, nice green stars ;)

mbentley said:

this is pretty far off topic, but did you just get your green stars this morning, ridenow? i thought you were only a senior member, but you were listed as a mod under the list of members online and yet your profile still had blue...

either way, nice green stars ;)

Thanks. Yes, just got them, still have the new smell to them.

Oh, and S.0.N.Y.0.0.7, this is known as a thread hijack.

Ok i'm not sure if I've done something wrong here but here goes. I've installed everything 1 h/d and a cd rom so far, installed the graphics card, installed the Barton 3000+ with the heatsink and the ram (consair 512) and the m/b is a Epox 8RDA+ nForce2 (Socket A) Motherboard (MB-019-EP). Ok that done I turned the new pc on for the time and it started ok I think it seemed to say no drive found by I just thought maybe I just have to configure the Cmos or bios whichever one it is. But the part that got me a bit freak was at the bottom it said:

Warning! CPU has been changed or over clocked failed. Please re-enter cpu setting in cmos setup and remember to save before quit!

Now I ask you guy and girls "SHOULD I BE WORRIED" I don't even know how to overclock. And i'm certain the jumpers on the motherboard where correct. I get the option to press DEL to go in the Cmos, is that what I need to do? And if anyone knows the parts i've use can you give me an idea of the setting I should change and to what? I'm going to look back at the m/b user guide for now but I would love to get my new pc up and running tonight if possible !!!!:rolleyes:

Is it possible that the Epox 8rda+ 's bios is not recognizing the barton cpu? See what the manual says about bios upgrading and what cpus it supports right out of the box.

You probably just need to set the FSB in the bios. I'm not sure of the Barton 3000 is 166 or 200mhz.. I assume 166 , so set the FSB to 166(should be under advanced bios settings) and make sure the multiplier is set at 15.5

Now i may have just given you COMPLETELY wrong information if the fsb is supposed to be at 200mhz, if so then change the bus to 200mhz and multiplier at 13.

Now AGAIN this might ALL be wrong if the 3000+ doesn't run at 2600mhz =/ Might want to get ths info from someone that is sure of their info hehe.

wait a sec....200fsb at a 15.5 multi....thats definetaly not right. Try 166 FSB at 13x multi.

Im almost positive thats what the Barton should be at. (stock) If you are stable at that speed and have good cooling feel free to bump up your cpu voltage/FSB some, the ram can probably handle it.

Welcome to the forums.

good luck,
-JP

P.S. Dang Baqai...dont scare him away.....;)

S.0.N.Y.0.0.7 said:
Ok i'm not sure if I've done something wrong here but here goes. I've installed everything 1 h/d and a cd rom so far, installed the graphics card, installed the Barton 3000+ with the heatsink and the ram (consair 512) and the m/b is a Epox 8RDA+ nForce2 (Socket A) Motherboard (MB-019-EP). Ok that done I turned the new pc on for the time and it started ok I think it seemed to say no drive found by I just thought maybe I just have to configure the Cmos or bios whichever one it is. But the part that got me a bit freak was at the bottom it said:

Warning! CPU has been changed or over clocked failed. Please re-enter cpu setting in cmos setup and remember to save before quit!

Now I ask you guy and girls "SHOULD I BE WORRIED" I don't even know how to overclock. And i'm certain the jumpers on the motherboard where correct. I get the option to press DEL to go in the Cmos, is that what I need to do? And if anyone knows the parts i've use can you give me an idea of the setting I should change and to what? I'm going to look back at the m/b user guide for now but I would love to get my new pc up and running tonight if possible !!!!:rolleyes:

i think you need to set yoru FSB to 166 at least (that isnt overclocked at all really) i get this on my board when the FSB defults to 100 after i unlpugh my comupter... or is it take out my proc... i forget... but its not something to worry about it usually just means that your FSB is set too low

all barton processors have a fsb of 333 mhz(166x2) so in the bios it needs to be set at 166 for the stock settings. I dont know if the epox mobo will recognize the chip correctly or not. oh, the barton processors all run really hot if you are using the stock retail hsf you may want to consider a better hsf before oc'ing. from what i have read temps will be in the high 40's to low 50's more when under a load i suggest the swifttech mcx462 hsf os somthing along those line to help with the temps.

ya, its the 166 fsb, the 200 fsb isnt out yet, i believe that will be the 3500 when its released. And i agree with bahamut, if you plan to overclock, i would definitely without a doubt get a better hsf. And if you plan to keep it stock(i dont think you would, or else you wouldnt be asking for help at OVERCLOCKERS.com, maybe like oldgrannies.com) :p I would still reccomend getting a better hsf. Just about anything would be better than the stock one. I would have to reccomend the vantec aeroflow w/ tmd fan. Definitely helped drop my temps a lot.

Not really familiar with your motherboard...But on the Asus A7N8X Deluxe, you have to set, in the BIOS for the system to NOT halt on any errors...Might want to clear the CMOS. Then look for this option in the BIOS...Just hit Delete when it is booting and look in the BIOS for the halt on errors option...Since this is your first build, going through all the options in the BIOS with the motherboard manual in your hand and checking everything would be a good idea and will familiarize you with your motherboard...It should tell you what default settings are and you may find the problem...Good Luck...And dont worry...LOL...you will find it...:)

Last edited:
NO LIFE said:
I second the aeroflow TMD....its also quiet :D :D

i have the intel version of the vantec aeroflow tmd and it's fantastic... considering it's running 5600 rpm's as a 70mm fan it's nice a quiet :) slightly louder than the stock intel fan, but probably about the same as a stock amd imo.

What really helps also is to give a detailed list of your hard ware...everything, and not just Western Digital hard drive...give us some model numbers...the whole shooting match...memory, power supply, everthing...Really helps because people may have encountered problems using a piece of hardware you own that may or may not apply to your motherboard...:)

Back