• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a PC under 400 US Dollars - Need suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maybe he can buy and send to one of us to update bios if it's wrong version. We're all honest here, I don't see this as a problem.

Shipping would be more than the MB cost from eastern Europe, not practical.

He has the choice not to buy at this moment and look/wait for something that is not a crap shoot.
Indeed.

After thinking about it....If i were to hedge my bets, id would think most boards work at this point.

Also remember he is not getting this from the US and we don't know what the stock turnover is where he lives.

We don't know the stock turnover anywhere. A small shop could have 10 of them from initial stock. A large company could have 1 left of 10000 old stock. Whoknows. As time goes on, regardless, its more likely to have more flashed on the market.. I'm a gambling man and I would roll the dice. :)

But seriously, what's a person to do, sit and wait, until the next chipset comes out? Is that what these companies intended was to halt sales when things like this happen (which are frequently)? There is always some of this overlap up front but the Ryzen 2 series has been out for over 7 months now.

The chipset he needs is already out. And that's why I am advising him to go with it as soon as it is available and affordable to him where he lives.

Even AMD has a Note. CHIPSET FEATURES (EVERY AM4 PROCESSOR IS COMPATIBLE WITH EVERY AM4 CHIPSET. Note that 300-series motherboards may require a BIOS flash to be compatible with Ryzen™ Desktop 2000-series processors. See your motherboard manufacturer’s website for more information.) LINK: https://www.amd.com/en/products/chipsets-am4

Back