• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying mobo for Core 2 Duo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

northenosprey02

My mobo was broken (but still working fine), it has broken on-board audio and popped SATA port (and SATA port just one port remaining).

I want to deciding to buy GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-S2PT (I don't choose any cheap because I looking the quality) and (maybe) Corsair 8GB DDR3 RAM. I use them for gaming, basic activity, and small overclocking for temporary time, I know that G41 was not good for OC but I have limited funds.

So it is worth it?

My mobo was broken (but still working fine), it has broken on-board audio and popped SATA port (and SATA port just one port remaining).

I want to deciding to buy GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-S2PT (I don't choose any cheap because I looking the quality) and (maybe) Corsair 8GB DDR3 RAM. I use them for gaming, basic activity, and small overclocking for temporary time, I know that G41 was not good for OC but I have limited funds.

So it is worth it?

are you simply replacing the motherboard and using an existing core 2 duo? $59 new is a lot of money to spend on an old board. If I were going with an old board, I would buy it used for like $25 if I could find it on Amazon. Edit: you can buy an audio card on the PCI slot. I use just one SATA drive even though I have 6 ports.

Last edited:
are you simply replacing the motherboard and using an existing core 2 duo? $59 new is a lot of money to spend on an old board. If I were going with an old board, I would buy it used for like $25 if I could find it on Amazon. Edit: you can buy an audio card on the PCI slot. I use just one SATA drive even though I have 6 ports.

The store only sell obsolete Sound Blaster sound card, no ASUS sound card. And I need more hard drive for storage because my hard disk often going full. And I need comfortable sound, because onboard audio broken (the left channel speaker doesn't sounded, the right channel speaker sounded).

Back