• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C6H motherboard with 3600 ram. weird issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thick8

Hi All,
First time in the memory forum as I have never really OC'ed my memory. I'm still not but I'm having an issue.
I installed a Ryzen 3600 and 32 Gb Crucial Ballistic Elite DDR3600 in my C6H motherboard. I set the timings listed on the XMS page in the BIOS and voltage to 1.35v. Everything works great. 12 hours of Memtest64, a couple of hours in each of my favorite games, and some surfing. No problems.
Then I shut the system down. When I fire it back up the system hangs on boot the Q-code displays 14, 15, and then stops at C5. I checked the q-codes listed in the manual and C5 is not one of them. I saved the BIOS profile with the memory settings so I can just hit the BIOS recover button, reload the profile, then save and exit the BIOS and everything works as it should again until I shut off the machine.
Any ideas?

Known issue with present C6H/C6E/C7H BIOS, newer BIOS would probably help.

Some were lucky enough and fixed it by manually setting boot vDIMM to 1.35V. This didn't work for everyone though.

Wasn’t there an issue with cold boots vs warm boots with memory profiles? Some one else had a similar problem.

It does seem to be more of a cold boot issue because if I do a restart it will restart. It's only after it's been sitting for a little while that it doesn't want to reboot.
I made sure I have the latest bios and chipset drivers for it. I was wondering if I I should put a boot voltage into it and wasn't sure what one I should do. I'll try that when I get home tonight. I want to get this sorted out so I can start working on overclocking the processor and maybe put a little over clock on the memory thanks

Back