• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Call me insane :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok people all these high cfm fans like the tornados and delta fans arent as loud as your saying yed they are as loud as a window fan im running 3 right no 2 tornado f5 92mm and one 80 mm tornado yea its loud but sounds nothing like a vacum cleaner

i'll prolly just stick with what i have.... mostly it was just the " I wonder if".... i'll prolly drop my case temps dramatically within the next week.. got round cables.. sleeving stuff... heatshrink.. new PSU... gonna clean up the inside majorly... right now its a tangled mess of wires

and to support the last comment.. the tornados aren't loud at all... atleast not as loud as vaccume cleaners.... my friends always give me crap at LAN's.. but.. eh.. they use silent machines.... i get mad if my machine is silent... heck i built my server.. and the stock case fans were under 25 db's each.. so i replaced em with ones that ran at 40.....

honestly i think its safer to run a heatsink fan you can hear.... i've had my tornado cut out once ... and luckily i was sitting there..(stupid power supply or something just dropped the amps to it.. and it stopped cold).. and i knew instantly that the fan stopped... versus if i was running a 25db or lower fan... you wouldn't know the difference till the siren went off and your processor was cooking :eek:

EDIT : I know theres settings to shutdown the comp if the fan fails.. etc.. or overheating etc.. but still.. you get the point

Back