• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can AsRock 980DE3/U3S3 R 2.0 handle FX 6300?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drosera01

Hi Folks,
I build a cheap computer last month with x2 555 and AsRock 980DE3/U3S3 R 2.0 hoping to unlock 2 extra cores. But, unlocking is not working as PC only boots to windows with any 2 cores out of 4. Cores 0 and 1, 0 and 2 or 0 and 3.
So, i am thinking to pop Fx 6300 on this PC but am afraid if this crappy MB can handle this 6 core CPU. If needed i can buy after market CPU cooler as well. Your expert suggestion/advice will be highly appreciated.
Thank you

Attachments

• Capture-2.JPG
    Capture-2.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 273
The Fx 6300 is on it's support list so it should be able to run it at stock clocks. I wouldn't try to OC on that board though. A 4+1 Vrm section with no heatsinks is not a good recipe for overclocking and board longevity. The stock cooler should be fine but if you want to keep it cooler then a Cooler Master 212 Evo will do the trick.

Back