• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone help me identify these rams?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lyane

Registered

I bought these but I have no idea what the timings are, I live in Japan.

I would really like to know the correct timings are on these rams.

XMP from my p8z68 bios reads them at 1600 9 9 9 28 1.5v
However as soon as I prime it gives me all sorts of errors immediately when I leave it on XMP settings in bios.

So i then Took the liberty to set them manually at 9 9 9 24 1.5v and took every thing off xmp settings and it seems to prime much much better. It does give me errors after 20 minutes but only 1 or 2 errors are reported.

I would like to know if anyone can give me the exact settings (timings) on these rams. I've wasted a whole week already tring to over olock my 2700k :(

There are programs that will read the settings from the ram, I can't think what the names of these programs are at the moment :) You can look on Yahoo or Google for these. I try to stay away from ram that does not show all the timings.

I bought these but I have no idea what the timings are, I live in Japan.

I would really like to know the correct timings are on these rams.

XMP from my p8z68 bios reads them at 1600 9 9 9 28 1.5v
However as soon as I prime it gives me all sorts of errors immediately when I leave it on XMP settings in bios.

So i then Took the liberty to set them manually at 9 9 9 24 1.5v and took every thing off xmp settings and it seems to prime much much better. It does give me errors after 20 minutes but only 1 or 2 errors are reported.

I would like to know if anyone can give me the exact settings (timings) on these rams. I've wasted a whole week already tring to over olock my 2700k :(

CPUz showed, but they seem to be incorrect as it wouldn't prime correctly.

Have you tried increasing the memory voltage from 1.50v to 1.55v?

If it won't memtest without error at the CPUz timings, RMA the set for another.

I tried setting it to 1.55 and it still gave errors after an hour of priming. I can't memtest without knowing what the timings are :(. I can only guess right now.

I ran memtest dos version and the rams are fine so far been testing for an hour now.

These were the settings used 1333 9 9 9 24 1.5v

I'm not saying this is the correct timings but at least it's not giving me errors in memtest. And no errors in prime95 unless I go over 4.3ghz (4.4 and 4.5 gives me errors in prime)

should be fine.

it says CL9 on the RAM I'm guessing its probably 9-9-9-24.

Just out of curiosity what do you get on the WEI for RAM?

Can some one explain why I was able to test without errors with 9 9 9 24 timings but my bios and CPUz both detected my rams as 9 9 9 28 ? And yes, massive errors while I test with 9 9 9 28 timings.

I'm gonna check for WEI and get back to you later.

Back