• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone help me with new motherboard, cpu, ram, ssd for under 300?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geeeduck

hey its been years since i've done any computer build and years since i've been on this site.
my current build only has a pentium e5200 with 2 gb of ram xfx r7 260x
I dont have enough time to research the best bang for the buck parts so if someone could help me find
the best motherboard cpu ram and ssd combination for under 300 that would be great.
I dont care if its amd or intel. i think either will be better then the pentium i have
also i dont do any gaming on the computer

Internet, netflix, studying with interactive software. my computer has been running like crap lately and it's 7 years old so i think its time to replace

log onto microcenter.com, upper right of the screem, find online catalog, look at the apu/motherboard combos, just add some cheap ram from there.

thanks for the help caddi daddi. i'm just looking for the best hardware i can get within my budget. regardless of what i use it for because that might change in the future

what you plan for it counts up front, my mother onlt does face book and e-mail, I just get her a refurbed hp dc5700 or something like that from microcenter, if she says her computer is giving grief, it's about $120 and all fixed.
the apu's are the cheapest route and the mb/apu combos are great for cheap, build it yourself projects, I even have one with an a6 6600 apu and it's a very good little web surfer/ htpc, add a gpu of choice, 2 stcks of the cheapest ram and it's tv time.

so far i'm looking at
kingston ssdnow 120gb
Gskill ripjaws 2x2 4gb 1600
amd fx4350 or amd fx6350
gigabyte GA 970a or gigabyte ga990fxa

the better motherboard and cpu will be slightly out of my budget. is it worth it?

I would go with the 6350, it has 2 more cores, you will not use but, it is a better processor and will use less vcore than a 4350.
I love fx, but its throughput is just lower than intel.
I have a kingston ssd now 120 gig, they seem to hold up well.
1600 ram is fine.
go with the ga990fxa board for the 990 chipset.

Back