• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can Someone Please Me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TellMeOnce

Registered
Here is my problem and I have asked this problem before and no one helped me. I have a AMD 3000+ and a ASUS A8V Deluxe and I am tring to over clock this CPU and when I try even an extra 100mhz Windows Vista resets all the time. I have tried different voltages and everything I can think about and Windows just wants to keep reseting itself can anyone help me out on this please.

Did you change any of your memory timings and settings? I think somone else had this same problem and maybe its just cause vista sucks and doesnt like when you change hardware settings.
You could try to clockgen it within windows and see if it holds your overclock.

Welcome to the forums and im sorry to hear that you havent been met with a lot of help yet. its possible this is just a problem no one has any sollution for yet. Vista is still quite new and has a LOT of problems. so keep checking here and of course, use the search function for other people who have had your same problem.

I have a one gig kingston (pc3200) and a OCZ one gig (pc3200). For my Bios I am using version 1018.001. I am not sure were to change the memory timmings in this bios it is not really easy to get around in it I am finding. For multiplier I keep it around 8.0X to 9.0X tried them all and buss speed around 200-250 and still windows resets.

Starting with the basics!
Have you set the ram divider back to 166 or 133 to be sure it's not the wonker?
Are you tweeking ram and cpu at the same time? ( this is why we start on a divider).
Have you moved the LDT/HT multi back to 4X?
Is your power supply rated with at least 16Amps on the 12V or 12V1 rail?

If I bring it from 9X to 4X would it not go slower?? With this board I am not sure how to set the ram divider back to 166 or 133.

Hardin what do you mean by this "I don't think a board about overclocking is the best way to find someone to please you."

I have tried taking out the ram and one by one and it still is doing this problem.

Leave the CPU Multi on 9X, look for K8<->NB connection its a seclection of Auto, 5X,4X,3x,2x,1X. This is the HT multi for the IO/Chipset speed. Set that to 4X.

"Leave the CPU Multi on 9X, look for K8<->NB connection its a seclection of Auto, 5X,4X,3x,2x,1X. This is the HT multi for the IO/Chipset speed. Set that to 4X." Hey I cant find that in the Bios I have looked everywere in the bios for that feature.

Hahahaha Hardin very funny LOL

Search for K8V on the let, it's listed as LDT bus frequency and 200,400,600,800,1000 are the options. 3x = 600, 4x = 800, 5x = 1000 or full speed.

I will take a look at that thank you for your help and hahahaha guys its not that funny that I messed up the title of this thread. I will let you guys know what happens.

bldegle2 said:
someone needs to read the sticky..............

A64101..........

laterz,

baldy
That sticky is slightly inaccurate in the technical sense but is still a great guide to start with for OC. Where it talks about the northbrige not being there is misleasding as the NB is on DIE but not quite the same as a traditional NB. The crossbar, like and FAB and part of the on-die NB, is more efficient as it runs at CPU speeds not HTT. On some AMD die overlays, you sometimes see a spread of circuitry labeled as the Northbridge. A correct statement is that there is no NorthBridge on the AMD Mobo just the IO chipset and the southbridge.

Athlons and Opterons have seperate IO and Memory buses. Ram is directly connected to the on DIE controller. The IO or HT channel is actually two separate channels, one in and one and is also connected on-DIE to the HT link. The cross bar is a multipath interface between the CPU cache assembly, IO contoller and RAM controller.

Unlike FSB systems, HTT is a timing generator that provided clocks for both the HT and the CPU. Ram is divided directly off the CPU speed. Cpu has it's own multiplier and the HT link has it's own multiplier. The HT, originally called Lightning Data Transport (LDT) has multipliers from 1X to 5X and is independent of the Ram and CPU timing.

This statement confused
A64-101 said:
"This is why it’s rather inaccurate to say that the memory is ever running “synchronously.” The memory is always running asynchronously with respect to the CPU speed, off of which it’s derived.
Ram does actually run synchronous with the CPU off a divider, HT is what runs asynchronously with RAM as the dividers are different meaning they don't run in lock step. If the drummer playing in the band is playing on quarter time with a piano playing 1 to 4 notes per beat and the drummer plays one note per beat they are still in sync with the beat. Even if the CPU plays 8 beats to the RAMS 1 beat per measure they are still synchronous. HT would be a-sync playing off in it's own corner.

Last edited:
Back