• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can these boards run again?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fast420A

I have 2 damaged MB's that I would like to see run again if at all possible. I am pretty sure one is shot but the other I am not sure on. The 1st one is an ASUS A7V333 with Raid. I had a screw driver slip off the heat sink connector which broke the tab that the heat sink connects on ( i know I can get a 3 hole connection) and the screw driver hit what I am guessing are little resistors between the 2 coils by the serial ports. Is this fixable? I never received any useable response from ASUS tech support as I am guessing they didn't understand what I was saying via email. Any suggestions? The second one is a DFI AD73 Pro that I bought after killing the ASUS before I got the deal on the Dragon. The DFI has nothing physically wrong with it, it received a bad flash (I can't remember what I did wrong there) and won't power up and the bios chip isn't replaceable like the Dragon's is. Any suggestions for this one? I emailed DFI and nevre received a response at all from them. Thanks a lot for any help you may have.

Okay I just remembered what happened to the DFI, the FSB jumper was accidently "removed" with the PC off but the PSU still on....

Last edited:
Most of the motherboards I've seen are single density, i.e. no components inside the board itself so if you could find the schematic for the Assus board you should be able to order the components and solder them in if you can see them. It can be tricky, if you heat to much you can pull the path off and then the fun realy starts. Should be the same thing with the Bios if you can find a chip, back in the old days (70's) people actually did fix circut boards hard as that is to believe.

Anywhere to send them to for refurbing? I see refurbed boards for sale, I want to have it done to mine. I've kept these things for like 9 months from the wife but now she's wanting to throw out the things I don't need but if they still work, I can keep them...

Anyone have a way to find the Schematic of the boards. I could not find anything after doing a few web searches... Should I just throw them out and save up for another board so I can build another box?

offer them on the for sale part of the forum - maybe someone could use parts off of it?

Back