• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can we get the new Sandybridge Mobo's yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC_N00b

Registered
Im chafing at the bit. I have my mind made up on a i7-2600k chip.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115070

But still cant find motherboards for them.
I know they shipped supposedly already. Is there anyone who has them in stock yet? (the fixed ones of course). Oh, currently the parts I have(Just in case anyone has some concerns or questions):

-CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX12V 2.3 Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139010
-2x- EVGA GTX 460 (Fermi) Superclocked EE 1GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130568
-Intel X25-M Mainstream SSD 80gig.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167027
OCZ Intel Extreme Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227341

From this list, the Ram is just a temp since I havent made up my mind on what Im getting next. Just that it will be 8gigs of whatever is the best at this time.The rest is just misc parts that are still acceptable. I.e. my old Sound Blaster XFI and a nice full tower case.

I don't think they are out to general public yet, there's a lot of RMA'ed mobo that all factories would have to process first. It may be a few weeks at best before you can see some at reputable vendor, not some backwater shop or eBay seller trying to get rid of bugged B2 boards.

open boxes just went up on newegg 10 minutes ago and are already gone... not that id buy an open box for an 1155 anyway...

Wouldn't those open box be from the first batch with the Couguar Point chipset anyways? Those open box prices do look tempting I have to say, but I personally don't like used parts, especially flawed used parts. By the way... what a funny name for a chipset. :sn:

Wouldn't those open box be from the first batch with the Couguar Point chipset anyways?:

thats exactly what i would have to assume on them.

Those open box prices do look tempting I have to say, but I personally don't like used parts, especially flawed used parts.

yeah i dont like used parts either, the fact that it would have to 100% chance be a defective used part at this point makes them very scary.

those prices though... mmmm

Buy open boxes, then RMA them for faulty chipset, get a brand spanking new mobo with b3 chipset. That's probably why open boxed 1155's are going so fast.

Newegg has some Biostar boards up now, I'm assuming since asus and giggy have sent out shipments they will be up once they clear customs :shrug:

very nice, last night they were all Asus all open boxed but all Asus. yeah i expect to see alot more by weeks end.

Chafing at the bit... :rofl:...Chomping at the bit I think is what you were looking for.

Anyway, I know I am. I have a 2600k on the way and no mobo...

I'm almost considering just doing a return on my UD4 and going with a different board once they get some new in stock, this thing has been a headache and i think my chip can do a lot better, with a better/different board.

Chafing at the bit... :rofl:...Chomping at the bit I think is what you were looking for.

Anyway, I know I am. I have a 2600k on the way and no mobo...

Uh oh! My rant thread has already spread:D

I seen that 3 days ago and didn't say anything about it. I have taught you well grasshopper :D

Just spoke to my wholesaler, and the replacement boards are here in NZ.

First shipment of 10 UD4's has already gone, but should be able to get one of the next 60 arriving next Wed.

I'm almost considering just doing a return on my UD4 and going with a different board once they get some new in stock, this thing has been a headache and i think my chip can do a lot better, with a better/different board.

Im in the same boat. I hate this cold boot issue with it. Also, I cant even boot at 50x on this board which sucks. Im stable at 1.36v 47x multi but I think I could get more out of it w/ a different board. I still have 20c of temp to play with before hitting 85c so Im thinking 1.45v is within reason.

I might go back to an Asus or maybe try a new brand all together. Ive strayed from MSI over the years. They used to be awesome but ever since about 2003, I have written them off (although trying them once since then with no luck). They seem to have picked up again though so maybe their quality has picked up.

Im in the same boat. I hate this cold boot issue with it. Also, I cant even boot at 50x on this board which sucks. Im stable at 1.36v 47x multi but I think I could get more out of it w/ a different board. I still have 20c of temp to play with before hitting 85c so Im thinking 1.45v is within reason.

I might go back to an Asus or maybe try a new brand all together. Ive strayed from MSI over the years. They used to be awesome but ever since about 2003, I have written them off (although trying them once since then with no luck). They seem to have picked up again though so maybe their quality has picked up.

Do you have hyperthreading enabled at 4.7 ghz?

Back