• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you run dual GT Fans on single PWM fan header?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

Hi guys, I was wondering can you run dual Gentle Typhoon 2150rpm PWM fans two on a single fan header on the ASUS Sabertooth X99 motherboard?

I should think so, as long as the combined amperage doesn't exceed the 1.0 amp limit per pin header that is characteristic of most motherboards.

I should think so, as long as the combined amperage doesn't exceed the 1.0 amp limit per pin header that is characteristic of most motherboards.

Cool thanks I am going to try something different but if all fail then I will do that. =)

Could always use a powered splitter (Swiftech makes a nice one) if you're worried about overloading the header.

Could always use a powered splitter (Swiftech makes a nice one) if you're worried about overloading the header.

Yea I got this here "Swiftech 8W-PWM-SPL-ST 8 Way PWM Splitter-Sata" going to try setup the fans on it. Waiting for my last 2 GT Fans to get here tomorrow. I will play with it today maybe have it tight in to the CPU_OPT Fan header instead since it is PWM.

I use the Swiftech 8W-PWM-SPL-ST 8 Way PWM Splitter-Sata and it seems to be working perfectly. Now just need to add my two fans and the case is done for now. Since shipping to EK the pump cost just as much as buying a new one I may hold off until I decided what to do. If to use the one I have or save up for a new one and use this one as a backup. Who knows but the GT fans will help keep my case well ventilated for now.

Back