• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannabalizing All-in-one CPU Rads?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

On all in one cpu coolers such as the corsair h100 or thermaltake 3.0 ultimate can standard fittings be attached to the radiator if you remove the integrated block? Or at least attached easily via threading or would new fittings have to be soldered on.

On all in one cpu coolers such as the corsair h100 or thermaltake 3.0 ultimate can standard fittings be attached to the radiator if you remove the integrated block? Or at least attached easily via threading or would new fittings have to be soldered on.

Some are fixed while others will break off but I'm not too 100% sure. The only 'AIOs' that are threaded I believe are from the custom liquid cooling companies like Swiftech and EK iirc.

the easiest way i can think of would be to just cut the tubing where you want and attache a hose adapter like this-
http://www.performance-pcs.com/fittings-connectors/koolance-hose-adapter-1-4-1-2.html
you would need to know the inside diameter of the tubing tho. keep in mind that aio rads are usually made of aluminum internally.

edit- i would just sell it off and use the money towards a copper cored rad. if you could get say $75 for one of them you could get a really solid copper cored rad.

Just a note, I think basically all the cheap AIO coolers have aluminium rads so don't mix with cooper blocks without a corrosion inhibitor.

Back