• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant cancel from Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sony190

Watch what you order from newegg some stuff does not cancel when you cancel an order
I ordered mobo and such and a Corsair 500R case from Newegg and cancelled the order, They sent the case anyway and told me that the cases are not cancelled automatically by there system the sa me thing happened when I ordered a power strip with an order,I cancelled the order and the power strip came anyway. I think its something new with there system

This usually happens when something is ordered early in the day, or before the shipper has come to make a pickup, and then cancelled after it was scanned/picked up for shipment. There is a deadline to when an order can be cancelled, before it is shipped and considered "completed".

Amazon usually tells you when you order something how long before it can be stopped on your recent orders page, but if you call them, they will give you a return shipping label, and refund you as soon as the item is scanned into the shippers tracking system (usually UPS or FedEx).

If you cancel something as large as a case after it has already been shipped, I would expect it to be hard to convince Newegg to not charge you return shipping, or for them to foot the bill to send it back...

Back