• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED cant change multiplier on m4a89gtd?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andy7000

Registered
Hi. I've just built a new pc with a m4a89gtd and a 1090t cpu and would like to overclock in the bios rather than in windows using the asus software. The only problem is that the bios wont let me change the cpu ratio. Is there a setting in the bios that needs to be changed or something? When I press enter on the cpu ratio nothing happens, it wont allow me to change from auto. I've managed to get a stable 4.1 in turbo v, I'm just not that keen on software overclocking and prefer to use the bios. Hope you guys can help, thanks Andy.

Check in you bios to make sure manual overclocking is enabled. If there is some automatic overclocking technology in bios make sure it is disabled.

With the CPU Ratio option highlighted, instead of hitting ENTER use the + / - keys on the NumPad to change the value.

How dense am I! Yep didn't realise that you had to press + instead of enter, all working now. Thanks :thup:

Back