• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't even get 2200MHz stable on a 3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just noticed something...

I remember when I flashed to 1.5x from 1.4 I no longer had to scroll up and down in the core cell menu to see all of the options after I brought up the hidden menu. But I never paid much attention to it, thought maybe they just changed the spacing or something.

But I had core center open while I was running CPU burn-in, and my FSB were flying all over the place, I never noticed this before cuz I never usually have core center open that long, just pop it up for a sec to check voltages and what not.

I am currently set to 275x9 and core center is showing the FSB jump to 281x9 and 285x9 when the CPU is under load. So I’m thinking wtf I have dynamic OCing disabled. CPUz and ClockGen both show the FSB at 275x9 though even when core center is showing 281x9, so I don't know if the FSB really is changing or not.

But the reason I no longer have to scroll in the core cell menu is because my Dynamic Overclocking settings are missing, it must have happened when I flashed from 1.4 to 1.5x. I used winflash to do it, could it be that with winflash u can't set the correct switches and it messed stuff up?

Is it possible that Dynamic OCing is still enabled and messing with my stuff?

Heres a screen shot of it

7.jpg

And the core cell menu with the missing options...

8.jpg

Last edited:
Heres a good 1, I was playing around trying to find my HTT max, so far I'm up to 325HTT on a 3x HT multi

so while running 325x7 on the CPU I ran some CPU burn-in and CoreCenter showed 366x7 Spikes!!

So do u guys think dynamic OCing could be doing this or is CoreCenter just on Crack?

9.jpg

Yes, but I use the same 1.5x bios and I don't have a problem up to 2475 so, why should it do that on your system? I should add I never noticed the missing menu items.

In 1.5x on ur board do u still have the options for dynamic OCing? or is it missing?

and how did u flash? boot floppy or winflash?

Okay, I just rebooted and checked. No, the dynamic OC is not there. I even checked in the hidden menu to be certain. I flashed with a floppy. It is strange as this is an msi beta bios and not some modded version. I still don't think that's the cause of your problem. Have you seen the link about the CPU Burn-in program? Maybe that could help.

When u flashed did u use switches like the guy in this post talks about?
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=3408672&postcount=7

If u flashed with the floppy and didn’t use the switches...
And I flashed with winflash and it doesn't use the proper switches it could explain why we both have missing options.

Cuz my HT also locks up unless I use the page up/page down
And I've herd a few times that this is caused by not using the proper switches.

No. I didn't use the switches and I honestly don't think it makes a difference. There is probably some other explanation for the missing options. My system also froze on the htt multiplier setting when I entered it until I cleared the cmos a couple of times and then it was fine.

try using these settings, they work perfect on my comp
htt 4x
fsb 250
multi 10
agp 67
cpu vid 1.475v
+3.3%
ram 2.7v
agp 1.5
heat spread disable
dynamic disable
agp speed up disable
ram settings:
clcok 166
t1
cas 2.0
tras 3
trp 3
the other one is on auto

Question...

MoPMatrix ... is your avatar pic a man? The square jaw and entire face looks like a man ... but the breasts look female ... i'm confused :shrug: :confused: :confused: :(

lol, didnt even realize it was old till u said that.... i think now i realize who it is, but thats a really strange pic ... maybe a bad angle i dunno :-/

Her name is Carrie-Anne Moss, she played Trinity in The Matrix.

But yeah, now that u mention it, the face does look kinda weird :p
Damnit now I'm going to have to change that :p

Back