• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant get my panel to recognise the DP signal from my GPU.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeclaredSnow

Registered
Hello good people

I have a displayport issue. I cant get my panel to recognise the DP signal. I've used the panel with a duel dvi cable and it worked fine. I am using 3 screens. One on dvi, one hdmi and the main one on DP.

Mobo: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
GPU: ASUS GTX 1060 ROG STRIX
PANEL: Asus 24" LED VG248QE
DP: 1.2

I've tested the other dp port on the gpu aswell. Also removed the duel dvi and running one signal/screen. Didn't work. Ive rebooted several times trough the error seeking progress.

Done some googling. I've red that people have had these issues, And that Most of these also had the mobo, gpu and panel from asus. Most of it's dated back to 2015 so i asume if it was a known bug, it would have been patched by now. Ive also removed the power cord from the display for several min a few times. To reboot it. That also Didn't work.

The screen signal has also been switched to DP so it should not be that.

Got any tips for me?

Btw. Running latest nvidia drivers (384.94)

The cable should be able to handle 4k up to 60fps. So 1080p at 144hz should be no problem.

I appreciate any help or advice.

I know you said the cable should be able to handle it, but I had displayport issues on the cheap cable running anything over about 90hz in the past. A quality cable got me to 120hz without issue. Before you start worrying about things like RMA, I would suggest buying a better cable and give it a try.

I get a clean 144hz with the cable that came with the monitor ( Duel link DVI ).
and its not performance issues that's the problem. hence it should run up to 4k. ( its also a DP 1.2 ).

The problem is that my panel doesn't detect any signal from the DP port at all.

also I didn't cheap out on the cable ether :sn:

This might sound stupid but I had the same issue. Where are you cabling to? You can cable FROM dp TO dp but you cannot cable any other source TO DP. The HDCP requires the video source not the monitor to be DP first then it can be downscaled.

if I understand you right, you are wondering if I use any adaptor etc?

anyway I use from DP ( GPU ) to DP (monitor).

ive found out that several people have had major signal issues with DP. got some things I am going to test once I get home from work. There seems to be a bug around the different sleep modes for the panel when using DP cables. seems strange.

First thing I am going to do is check the conection settings in the panel. Some people have had success with this issue when turning of sleep mode or DP Deep sleep mode etc. seems strange. But its worth a shot.

I would have used the duel DVI cable that works fine on this panel at 144Hz. But id like to use 3 monitors and my oldest one just has a DVI port. ( just one DVI on the 10 series GPU so kinda need DP to work since HDMI is maxed at 60Hz. well atleast the HDMI cables I have.

Ok. I fixed it. Switched the cable that was in the gpu to the monitor and the one in the monitor ro the gpu. Ta dah. Not sure if they actually have different sides or what that was anout but realy wierd.

If anyone could confirm if this is standard with DP or not it would be fine :)

And i would feel a little stupid. But the more you know.

Ok. I fixed it. Switched the cable that was in the gpu to the monitor and the one in the monitor ro the gpu. Ta dah. Not sure if they actually have different sides or what that was anout but realy wierd.

If anyone could confirm if this is standard with DP or not it would be fine :)

And i would feel a little stupid. But the more you know.

It's not you I dislike DP for this very reason; complete pain in the ***.

It's not you I dislike DP for this very reason; complete pain in the ***.

Damn. + and - on cables. And absolutely no indications of this on the cable or the users guide ( it had none. And why would you need it? Its a damn cable).

Well i would use dvi if i could. but since you only get one slot per card, while the rest is hdmi and DP, Its kinda dying.

And the whole DP system, for being the new standard, it kind of sucks versus duel DVI, Yes the slots are way smaller amd you can have more of them. But at what cost? :)

Back