• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Can't get pc to post.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kashimi

Registered
I'm trying to build out my pc, I have the power supply plugged in, the cpu, the motherboard, and the cooler. I have the ram slots filled, and when I give the psu power, the LEDs on the motherboard light up, but that's as far as it goes. I've tried the power supply I bought brand new and a working one that I just took out of another pc. What can I do now?

Last edited:
Did you connect both the 24 pin and the 8 pin leads from the PSU to the motherboard?

Make sure you have the power leads from the PSU to the video card plugged in.

Also, make sure all your memory sticks and all add on cards are snapped firmly into place.

Do you get any beep error codes?

Finally, if none of the above works then take the components out of the case and put the build together on a table top to eliminate electrical ground out issues. Start with bare essentials like one memory stick, no DVD drive, no video card. If it works start adding components back in.

Last edited:
Back