• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't run CPU:RAM Async! HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
I'm on my P4P800, with my new P4C 2.4ghz.

My RAM by SPD is PC3500, it even says so on the stick(Hyper X).

I can't figure out how to run my RAM lower than my processor.

There is a setting for DRAM Frequency, with the options: 266,320(yeah, not 333), 400, and Auto.

I've tried ALL of them, and each time I do CPU-Z says I'm running at the same FSB as my processor, AND I get the same scores in 3DMark suggesting that its not using those ratios.

Luckily I can overclock my RAM quite a bit, but I bought this CPU as being able to do 305FSB, and I want to try tapping into that speed. If I overclock to 230FSB, so does my RAM, even if I tell it to run at DDR400. I just can't figure this out!

Can someone please help me out?

Talk to me on AIM please, "FunnySaps".

Or just post here, either way, I need help!

you may have to change the fsb to see the change.

Try setting ram to 320 and then upping the fsb above the norm 200.

I have. I've tried running it at 200, 206, and 230FSB, and tried running RAM at different things, always the same though. :(

JonSPD helped me out.

It appears that telling it to run at DDR400, or Auto will make it run 1:1 for some stupid reason.

The ratios: 266,320,400 are if you were running it at STOCK speeds. It does not change if you increase your FSB, which is kinda cheap to me. This board retails for over $100, and they can't do the simplest of things...

Oh well, I hope this helps someone else with my board.

300FSB, here I come! :D

Back