• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

case fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iRevo

Registered
I am using a CM Storm enforcer case and i have one front 200mm fan and 1 back 120mm fan. I'm thinking of installing 2 120mm fans at the top but i saw some people saying that its not good to put two exhaust fans perpendicular to each other. so is it better to install it or not?

The more fan the better, if you can install all the fan your case can handle.
The more air flow the better

You're completely wrong. After you have enough airflow, more doesn't improve performance any noticeable amount. One or two intakes and one or two exhausts is all that's necessary.

I'd just add one 120mm on top.

It's all about airflow not airblow.

We want to flow cool air to components and flow hot exhaust air off of components out of case without it mixing with any of the cool air. We want a little more case intake/exhaust airflow / CFM than CPU & GPU cooler fans use.. and with good airflow the case will only be a couple degrees warmer than room.

Having lots of fans just blows air everywhere.. and mixing heated exhaust air with cool intake air raises the intake air temp.. which raises the component temp.

I use a cheap indoor / outdoor digital themometer to monitor air temps in the case. Twist a 20cm piece of stiff insulated wire at the probe and bend it to position probe where you want it.. like an 30mm in front of cooler intakes.

I think even CPU/GPU HS use airflow not airblow.. The better the flows through their fins the better they cool.

Back