• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case like this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sterVin

Are there any pre made cases where the mobo is horizontal instead of vertical? Im looking for inspirating for my "current" project...

Mod on!
Stephen

my current case is very heavy, so Im looking for something lighter to carry around and want my mobo horizontal so the CPU heatsink mount wont pop off. dang thermalright with their 3/4 lbs heatsinks..

*edit* where are my manners? thanks, Radar

Last edited:
so you want an acrylic desktop case? i haven't run across anything like that before. but coolermaster makes some nice looking aluminum desktop cases designed for media center pcs.

the nicest looking desktops i have ever seen are made by silverstone tech (www.silverstonetek.com) but im guessing they're expensive, and i havent seen them for sale anywhere

zip22 said:
so you want an acrylic desktop case? i haven't run across anything like that before..

yeah, thats pretty much the jist of it. with some good cooling too (most just have an 80mm in and 80mm out)

There's some desktop cases at www.directron.com
You could still buy a desktop case and rip off the steel panels, paint the innards flat black, and build a lexan shell for the outside of it. That way you have all the solid interior features like the slots and drive cages, but you have purty lights and compuguts showing through as well. You also have the ability to put big fans wherever you wish.

Directron also has "case skeletons" too, the chassis of scratch and dent computers that they sell for $10 apiece. You can specify the case format, or brand/model if you'd like too. You may have to wait a while for delivery if you want a specific one, but they don't hit your card until it ships....great guys.

That new Antec case is the sweetest thing I have ever seen. It is time for me to go start pricing microATX mobos, some processors and ram, Daddy needs a LAN party RIG! I hope that it is affordable, like $100 since it won't have a mobo like the shuttles do. That would greatly compliment the system I am about to build in a giant server case.

agreed, that case is pretty sweet, but not exactly what Im looking for :)

So does anyone know if thats a good case (the last link I posted)?
heres a pic to refresh your memory (or if you dont want to click on a link)
directron_1783_33582465

Back