• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Mod Gallery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here come mine ...
oui029.jpg

oui097.jpg

oui110.jpg

well heres a boatload of pics, its the rig in my specs, tell me whatcha think!

sorry its so cluttered, it was hard routing the tubes with the fittings and stuff in such a small case, but it was really side so i had room for the extra lengh.

post any questions you have and ill try to answer them!

~M

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

How did you get that translucent effect on the front, in front of that fan?

my measly mod :beer:

DSCF2467zz.jpg
DSCF2464z.jpg
DSCF2019.jpg
DSCF2014.jpg

the other two turn off the controller panel which controlls two fans, and the far right switch is the front intake

lol, funny this is thrown in here with all the obove and beyond mods :drool:

not much you can do to a apollo other than WC lol

my measly mod :beer:

DSCF2019.jpg
DSCF2014.jpg

the other two turn off the controller panel which controlls two fans, and the far right switch is the front intake

lol, funny this is thrown in here with all the obove and beyond mods :drool:

not much you can do to a apollo other than WC lol
OMFG! That switch panel is just sickening. Please make a guide on how to do it :(:eek:

Thanks, i bought the led's with a built in resistor, the rocker switches and some wire. I interuptered the 12v molex wires (yellow) on what i wanted to turn on/off and run it through the switch and wired the positive wire on the led to the "to source" post on the switch and then grounded it to the case. And obviously drilled some holes :beer:

You got two posts on the switch, one is something like source in, and out to source. You take the wire you spliced coming from the molex and solder it to the source in, and then take another piece of wire and solder it to "source out (the wire that would go directly to ex: a fan)" and splice it back into the yellow wire making a loop.

When i was doing it, i should have made a pictorial, alot of people ask how i done it lol!

This is a very basic mod I did for a friend of mine that is a huge Razorback fan. I am not done with the case yet, but he can't decide what shape he wants the window in and if he wants any more paint work done. I got tired of waiting and threw the thing together tonight. Just figured I would share b/c I am really pleased with how the cabling turned out.

DSCF0020.jpg
DSCF0031.jpg
DSCF0030.jpg
DSCF0029.jpg

We are also going to add a red CC or two, and a proper HSF, but he kind of ran out of money for now.

My First Mod

This was my first mod, i used an old case that was in my tech teacher's supply closet and went from there. I sketched out the flame designs on card board then used as a stencil to cut the fames masking, used spraypaint since i was low on $.
case-1.jpg
The light on the top are HDD ligts
top-light-1.jpg
I used metal rods with nuts on each end attached to a cut metal plate to create the front panel cover.
frontpanel1.jpg
Put fingerprint reader and usb ports on bottom of front panel.
bio-1.jpg
My guts
guts.jpg
caselight-2.jpg
This thing really puts out some light
caselight-1.jpg
backguts.jpg
Working on an ozzy tribute mod atm and will be starting project log soon. This is my base design for the case
Ozzy-3d.jpg
Edit: Updated cable management pics, and ozzy project log link in sig, CHECK IT OUT!

Last edited:
Recently did some major cable management on my flaming rig and setup RAID0 with a 300gb Samsung SATAII & 150gb Maxtor SATAII, i lose 150gb of space but it's faster :). Changed my air flow around and i am now getting <30C idle and <38C full load. Will post updated pics.

Last edited:
Doin a case mod on my advance 2610 case. It was all black at first when i bought it, but i noticed after a few weeks that the paint was crappy and it got scratches of barely touching it, so i'm going for chrome!

I have also moved the HDD's to the backside/underside (it's standing sideways on the photos when it should be laying down).
I've only used 100->120 and 600paper for the finish, but i'm gonna go and get some 1000 and 1600 paper later on, then it will hopefully be a mirrorfinish all around, ofcourse the frontpanel too.
Also cut out the holes for the 120mm fans on both "sides" and going to do the same to those above the I/O-plate.
And, the PSU-cooling is something i gotta work on, it's blowing towards the front, so i'm gonna end up with a hole in the front for it to blow out all the hot air. Using a cone-shaped thingy that's usualy placed on boomboxes.
More idéas are welcome, if you have any! :)

Got alot of work left thou, so here is some photos of how it looks now! And these are up to date.

PS. sorry for my bad english. And this is my sencond mod since about 7years ago. So i'm a little rusty :)

Attachments

• DSC03257.JPG
    DSC03257.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 3,407
  • DSC03260.JPG
    DSC03260.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 3,392
  • DSC03263.JPG
    DSC03263.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 3,335
  • DSC03261.JPG
    DSC03261.JPG