• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Mod Gallery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
here is my contribution
SPECS:

Case -Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Conroe 3.0GHz
CPU cooling -Danger Den TDX water block
Motherboard - Abit IP35 Pro 775 motherboard,Bois 14
OS(s) -XP PRO SP3.v.3244
Memory - CORSAIR Dominator (2 x 1024 mhz ) DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)-
Power Supply -Tagen Turbojet 900watt Quad SLI
Video -EVGA 8800 GTX 768mb 169.21
Audio - AuzenTech Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1
Hard Drives(s) -Seagate SATA 150 : 250 gig hard drives
Optical Drives(s) -2;Sony Optiarce SATA dvd/rw/dl ,cd/rw optical
3DMARK06 Score-12885
CPU OC-3.81ghz
GPU oc-GPU Clock @ 648 ,Memory Clock @ 1003mhz

cpu=3.81ghz
gpu=648/1003
video driver = 169.21 whql
which gave me this :
3DMark Score 12885 3DMarks
SM 2.0 Score 5547 Marks
SM 3.0 Score 5809 Marks
CPU Score 3385 Marks

Thats a unique and strange case you have there! Props for being different!!

Hehe thanks, still alot of work to do thou, as i'm not even finished.
It's a HTPC-chassis really and it's the smallest case(17.9"x5.5"x14.5") that I could get my hands on that fits the standard ATX-boards.

I wonder how it will look like when i get my schyte infinity as it is 6.3" high and the case is only 5.5" :) As you can see the gpu-cooling is sticking out and so will the CPU-cooler do too :) i got 4x120mm and 2x80mm fans fitted in that little thing.

Oh well, with time it'll look even more different and sticking out among all other mods!

A guy in my Battlefield clan builds these. His aim is an elegant PC with watercooling and great performance. It isn't about the highest performance you can squeeze out of a machine or about the best cooling you can get, more of trying to strike a balance with the emphasis on aesthetics and an elegant simplicity. Here is the Murderbox

mb003_0045.jpg

mb003_0153.jpg

mb003_0296.jpg

mb003_0796.jpg

mb003_0434.jpg

mb003_0239.jpg

That Murderbox is absolutely beautiful, very clean with the wires and the WC loop. Also is that lcd modded to show temps or did your friend buy that?

I am not sure on that. You could probably contact him through his site though. It is on all of the pics heh.

yeah that is very nice rig he makes. i was going to paint mine black, the interior that is. but it was to cold and the snow coming down then would have made it bad for doing it inside the house. but very nice and clean WTG

thats the sickest machine but do many people buy them?

They are expensive. He is basically doing sort of a "boutique" computer experience with his goal being to sell one of them every week. You could buy an Alienware for cheaper than these to give you an idea, but as stated, he isn't really running it like a business to maximize profits and move lots of products. Just selling a beautiful PC with great (not ultimate) performance to those that might be interested. I guess it makes some sense though...while you could get an alienware for cheaper or an alienware that performs better, all alienware boxes are ugly, gaudy things with strange plastic fins and such. So if you are someone that doesn't build your own boxes, you would need to decide if aesthetics were more important to you or not.

I don't think that 52 of these a year is out of the question though, even at the high price. We live in a world where people will pay money for tumbleweeds on the internet, so this is not a crazy venture on his part :p

for the price of this. it is the attention to detail that put this out past the rest. i mean dam that is some rig. wish i could do 1/2 of what he has done to it. that would be call a Master Piece of a Computer hands down.

Just finished building this with my Ex... actually, she built it I supervised. Only real mod is the custom side window with etching to match the case design. Window edge is counter sunk to allow the window to sit flush when mounted from behind. The etching is also on the inside so you can't see it at all when the case light is off. We need to add more light at the top of the case for this to really pop, but here it is.

InWin005.jpg
InWin004.jpg
InWin001.jpg

did you paint those flowers on there??

im going to do some painting on a case, and its going to very precise, so care to tell me how you did that??

The flowers on the case were applied at the factory, but the ones on the plexi were laser etched. Shoot me a PM and let me know what you are wanting to do in paint. I may have some good tips for you from my automotive painting days.

Checker Plate Aluminum

One I'm making from scratch, measures 26 1/2" high x 11 3/8" wide x 25 1/4" deep, (H)673.1 mm x (W)288.925mm x (D)641.35mm:

sta50788rs6.jpg

73903538ex1.jpg

bigha6.jpg

big1rv1.jpg

sta50828rv0.jpg

sta50884cg4.jpg

93487462lo3.jpg

39209355og1.jpg

smallxw1.jpg

Any suggestions for shapes I could cut out of the checkerplate to place on the side window to dress it up a bit?

That is looking great man. I have been wanting to build a case out of tread-plate for a while now. Glad to see someone take the project on.

Thanks for the kudos, :beer: it is my first and probably last shot at something like this. Very time consuming with the tools I have. Lots of filing and sanding to smooth the edges on the cuts as the checker plate is 5/16" thick, :bang head it is tough to cut as well. The thinner checkerplate for the drive cages was not as bad but all those slots were a real pain.

Back