• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Another Haf 922 with cable management... will soon post with new vga cooler :)

Ciku,

Did you do any mods on that case? Were those HX520 cables long enough? My 8 pin 12v was just long enough going through the back to connect while bending it just right with a hair dryer to shape it. Another half inch and no-go.

Nice looking job and case! :thup:

Ciku,

Did you do any mods on that case? Were those HX520 cables long enough? My 8 pin 12v was just long enough going through the back to connect while bending it just right with a hair dryer to shape it. Another half inch and no-go.

Nice looking job and case! :thup:

Ty man. And actually no, no mods, everything was in perfect length. :)

I just cant make up my mind.... I love them all, anyone got a code for free shipping for newegg?

Nah, don't even bother looking from promo coupons for NewEgg.com, I've bought around 200 items off there and never had beed able to find a legit coupon, so I just stop trying. So what case are you thinking? My vote is still on the CM690 or CM690II

I just cant make up my mind.... I love them all, anyone got a code for free shipping for newegg?

If you have a frys near you, sometimes they have good deals on cases... I paid $89 for my haf 922 :)

well I got a email add from Newegg for free shipping for the CM690II but I really like the the HAF's but cant deiced on witch of them I like best. I really like the 800D but honestly I cant afford it as I need to get some stuff to make the case switch. So its down too the CM690II and the HAF 932 & HAF 922

They are all close in price and none of them need much if any modding to get water going in them. Witch I like very much but the CM690 II is a bit smaller than the HAF's and I think that might make it harder to get a loop going in side it. It is 4inches smaller in height.

Also I've bought tons of stuff from newegg and every so often you find a code that was just released that works so though i might as well ask. It doesn't hurt anything.

Also no Fry's in the Midwest.....

The 690ii is smaller than the HAFs, granted.

As far as water cooling is concerned, the 690II will take a dual 120mm rad in the top of the case and a dual 120mm rad in the bottom (provided you remove the lower 4 HDD bays). It also has 2 grometed ports to take hoses out of the system

1 Proud CM 690 II Advanced owner ;)

To see some pics, go here -> link

Ok think I got my mind made up, HAF 932, I like the door better than the 922 version. Everything else seem to be the same between them for the most part.

the 932 is more solid in comparison to the 922 has a more solid feel great choice though u can fit a nice sized rad up top too too bad you didnt decide to buy the haf932 during xmas time they had it on sale for a while on the egg during that time free shipping and 89.99 AR free shipping i ordered 1 for a build i was doing i wish it would go back down to that price =]

ya the cheapest I can find it right now it Frye's at $150 shipped and can upgraded to 2nd day for $6 bucks more or CompUSA for $154.. Newegg is $163 shipped.

there are a few companies I've never herd of a bit cheaper but id rather get it from a company I know of so I don't get screwed.

I personally love the Lian Li cases, and a PC-K62 is really a great case, too bad it's not aluminum though. The PC-K62 has soooo many convenient features that the HAF doesn't. Almost everything that can silenced, is silenced. The drive bay mounting is amazing, the tooless PCI mounting is amazing, and the PSU mounting is awesome, and there's plenty of cooling with all 140mm fans that are included. Maybe a CM690 or a CoolerMaster scout case. It all depends on whats going in it I guess. I'd say the PC-K62 just becuase of all the awesomeness for only about $120.

I totally agree on this one. K62 is amazing case. Genius design. Also, Sniper beats HAF hands down with better pre-installed fans and fan controller. That is why I picked one and not 690 II Advanced or HAF...

I will look at the K62 again but I ruled out the Sniper for size other than that I love it, it would make any loop very tight and I'm not a fan of that, i like a bit of room so everything look very nice and spaced out.

Ok I took a second look at the K62 and I think its too small for WC and thats what all the all the reviews say also.

Gonna take and get the HAF932, since I got a silver case now I need to get a new fan control so they match. Does anyone know of a good black fan controller?

Back