• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Casing Fan Recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

byron182

My Stock Corsair 2 200mm and 120mm fans are really getting louder and its not as efficient as before. Considering where I'm from and with summer fast approaching, its really going to get brutal as far as temps are concerned. I would really like some recommendations for a quiet setup but with some good cooling.

I was also thinking of using 2 120mm fans on the front, 1 200mm fan at the top panel and a 120mm exhaust on the top back panel. Or is the stock configuration good enough with new fans?

I like the NZXT FS 200RB 200mm Silent Fan and the Corsair Air Series SP 120mm.

Current temps
cpu: 45C idle
62C load
Gpu: 65 idle
90c load

thanks for the tip. I'll try lubing it first. If it fails then I'll have to buy new ones

Damn. There a lot of 120mm fans to choose from. The Cougar fan specs look good tho. Has anyone tried these before?

byron try to look past the eye candy and concentrate on the CFM and RPM plus most of all how quite it is! AJ. ;) :thup:

CFM= The amount of air supplied by the fan. You need this to supply good airflow though the case.

RPM= The speed it turns at.

DBA= And the most important of all how quite it is?

I try but aesthetics is always a factor when I choose. And yes, I read the post you linked. Although there are some fans that look good and has some good specs on paper. But I know its never accurate. I'm currently torn between the Cougar CF-V12HP and Aerocool Shark Fan 120mm.

Sounds to me a decent choice or you could look at some GT'S as well, That's Gentle typhoons to you and me. AJ. :shrug: ;)

Found some here, but they are expensive and loud too. About twice the price of the Cougar and Aerocool. I just can't stand the whirring noise.

Well buddy its time for bed here enjoy you choice of fans, will catch you later. AJ.

btw. will the noise increase twice when using two 120mm fan side by side? or only a slight increase.

It all depends on how fast they are running, but rule of thumb says yes just a bit. The noise as you say would be the air passing through the fan more likely. AJ. :shrug: :thup:

Well as you can see from this photo i have 6 Fans running the noise from these is just a slight humming and not to loud! ;)

Attachments

• AJ Italian Build 61.jpg
    AJ Italian Build 61.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
btw. will the noise increase twice when using two 120mm fan side by side? or only a slight increase.
SPL does not double when another item with the same Db is used with it. It will increase, but not close to twice the level.

For 200mm fans check out the Coolermaster Megaflow, for 120mm the Scythe Gentle Typhoon are highly recommended. They come in 1450rpm and 1800rpm though I suggest getting a fan controller to balance your noise to cooling ratio.

Back