• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CC "To Do" for the Weekend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Quick question for you F@H fella's. Will I get better PPD from just SMP or will running my GPU help (rig in sig)

If the gpu's are able to work with CUDA, (late model cards can, older one's are maybe's, very old cards can not), then they will help your folding production (point per day: ppd).

Weekend project complete :D

Week long project.... O......C....... Everything....... :shock:

IMG_20120506_220348.jpg

This is our last week before race day

* Please Recruit *

A friend, a co-worker, a neighbor, a relative, your boss. Almost everyone you know has at least one desktop computer that can fold!

The Chimp Challenge is largely decided by the number of folders (and the growth in the number of folders), your team can bring into the race.

I have stopped Rosetta from getting new tasks. Once the my queue is all finished up, I'll get the folding client up and running.

I have a sinking feeling that my team will see a sharp drop this coming week. Being the Rosetta team Captain I will need to plan something after the race to bring it back up... Hmmmmm.....

Tasks for this week include getting teamviewer installed on the best of my borgs in Ireland (partially completed), getting them over to the poo flinging side and recruit as many as I can.

I have a sinking feeling that my team will see a sharp drop this coming week. Being the Rosetta team Captain I will need to plan something after the race to bring it back up... Hmmmmm.....

I agree, since we have a good number of Rosetta teammates racing with us.

I was looking at our Rosetta stats, and the difficulty in passing anyone is - there are very few teams still above us. The next team we could pass, is Team Anand Tech, and they are 34 Million points above us. We'll pass them, but not in a real soon. We could whittle that lead down a bit. :thup:

In the team ranking, we'll be slipping back a bit, because teams like 2CH, Russia, China, and especially Planet3DNow, are charging up, very strongly.

Long term, maybe upping our crunching to match the power of BOINC Australia. which seems doable. They may be hard to keep up with during their Winter (our Summer), but when the seasons reverse, we could turn the tables on them.

TeamViewer for your systems in Ireland - brilliant! :thup:

Good luck!

TeamViewer for your systems in Ireland - brilliant! :thup:

Good luck!

Its a great little program. And thanks to it I've now added an overclocked 8800GTS G92 to the monkeys. Should be turning in the first WU in a couple of hours once the previous one finishes up :D

A lot of us have stuff still to do - seems like there is never enough time. You get "done" and then you start reading about something else that maybe needs doing, or you start thinking "maybe I could do this or that", and it can go on and on.

The FAH rabbit hole runs deep! :D

my to do is get a new cpu (2600K or 3770K) for my main folder so i can get it back up and running. unfortunately that cant happen till the 15th then i gotta do a record time install of ubuntu and FAH to get it in the game asap hopefully have it up and running by the 17th. till then im gonna be rallying friends to the call.

If you haven't done it yet, go ahead and d/l the ubuntu version you want - I favor 11.10 myself. Having that burned to a DVD will speed up the process when you get the cpu in hand.

We'll be rooting for ya! :thup:

My goals this weekend. More OC testing, then set up router and finally switch over to T32monkeys. Sounds easy except for finding the power cable for the router.

So many things sound easy - but those details! Stick with it Tbrooks. :D

On your mark, get set.......

I just finished a dust out of my rig, made a couple of adjustments to air flow, OC'd to 3.7, ran stability test, and think it's all ready; so far temps are "moderate". I'll fold on my regular passkey for a couple of days to make sure all is ready for the CC. Let me know if I missed anything.

You've got it.

I'm leaving most of mine off until Monday, to keep the heat down. After that it's X ventilation with box fans, and a bit of A/C in the afternoon.

I'll be glad when they move the CC to March or April next year. :D

GRRRRRRRR...

I want to kill some taiwanese motherboard engineers who did not include a dual BIOS solution in the P67 Extreme4...

I would have loved to participate on the CC. But, right now, I have no board... MVG arrives next week, so SHOULD the P67xt4 from RMA... GRRRRRRRR... Have two Fermis doing nothing but getting dusty...

Back