• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Change MoBo: feel "snappier"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Drivers are the same from 7x0 to 9x0 series. It's like switching a 4800 series gpu for a 7900 series...same drivers, simple reboot makes it work. :)

While I understand your argument about the latency, what I mentioned before was true ;) dpc latency does not make super pi slower or hard drive io faster in this case, more about the hardware itself. I've tested these first hand, and I know as much as anyone when it comes to AMD setups, overclocking and benching is what I do and efficiency matters a lot.

Last edited:
Just sold the fx-8120 this morning, and destroyed (unloaded some lead on) the m5a97 Pro: Asus RMA/customer service sucks big time (at least here in Europe): I could not RMA the board due to "transfer of property" not done with previous owner...
So, happily back to my loyal PhII and Ga-790xt-USB3!
Sorry for the double post, im on a smartphone. I wanted to mention that in my experience, thats not how asus works. Warranty is tied to serial number, regardless pf owner, and the product doesnt need to br registered to rma. Of course, asus Europe light be a little less friendly that Asus USA, but one would think they have a similar policy...

I know a guy at XS that lives in romania and says it works the same way there...you can buy an open box or used product and receive full warranty. I bought a monitor off someone very cheap with a physically busted button panel and Asus offered to rma it.

Not in France it seems... I just wasted €60. But I will NEVER buy Asus again!

Not in France it seems... I just wasted €60. But I will NEVER buy Asus again!
That's a shame as they are currently the best manufacturer on the market both hardware/BIOS wise and for the most part end-user support wise. (ASUS has reps in several forums)

I can't pull myself to buy another Gigabyte board, there is always some kind of quirk with them. :(

Back