• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chasing onefstsnake

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dylskee,
Your client.cfg tells me you're running the gpus at idle priority, which allows the SMP client to take the cpu cycles the gpu needs to function at full speed. Edit your gpu configuration to change to low priority on both gpus..

Good News Dylskee I shut down my Phenom client. Wasnt making much PPD and the new SMP2 is probably going to make it even worse.

So just 1 CPU and 2 GPU clients.

Bad news is I OC'd my GPU's 8800 Ultra is at 1865mhz shader and GTX285 is at 1730mhz shader.
So now the 8800Ultra makes a hair under 7k ppd and the GTX285 ~10.5k ppd.

Last edited:
Dylskee,
Your client.cfg tells me you're running the gpus at idle priority, which allows the SMP client to take the cpu cycles the gpu needs to function at full speed. Edit your gpu configuration to change to low priority on both gpus..
Thanks ChasR, I changed it from 0 to low but didn't seem to make a difference.

Good News Dylskee I shut down my Phenom client. Wasnt making much PPD and the new SMP2 is probably going to make it even worse.

So just 1 CPU and 2 GPU clients.

Bad news is I OC'd my GPU's 8800 Ultra is at 1865mhz shader and GTX285 is at 1730mhz shader.
So now the 8800Ultra makes a hair under 7k ppd and the GTX285 ~10.5k ppd.

Wow, your cards really crank out the points!! My cards are not even producing what your ultra is producing. GPU1 is getting a little over 5k PPD and the second is just over 6k PPD. Not sure what's going on yet, I've been down the past couple days with the flu so haven't had much energy to find out why.

Well I borked a -bigadv changing the client over last night. should not have messed with it lol. Yeah i have the flu as well.

Low is 96

So you want it:

Code:
[core]
priority=96

Ahhh, thanks torin....... :beer:

Well I borked a -bigadv changing the client over last night. should not have messed with it lol. Yeah i have the flu as well.

I've actually done that myself also, mine was finished and in the process of uploading when I lost it.
Having the flu sucks! I've already missed two days of work and my work load is mounting so tomorrow should be fun! :rain:

Hoping to setup both my AMD rigs to SMP2 tomorrow. Finally have a day off work lol.
For some reason my -bigadv client has slowed to a 37min frame time. Before the 6.29 client switch I was making ~31-33 frame times.

It is highly unlikely to be related to the client. THe core does the work and you're still using the same one.

Back