• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheap amd gaming pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How about we get a Cpu-Z, Cpu, Spd, and Memory Pic so we can see exactly what we're dealing with.

I also agree with this:
Where I do take exception to his suggestions is with the motherboard. That mobo will be lucky to run an 8370 at STOCK speeds... there really are only a few that are reccomended by the AMD guys and a $50 board with 4 phases for the CPU sure as heck isn't one of them. ;)
Finding out what Cpu you have will better help us help you.

sorry about that and yes i will fix my sig later, here is a screenshot from newegg when i built the computer back in 2012, also a couple of those sticks of ram have since gone bad so i only have 8gigs of ram right now

doDVwQ8.png

I agree with the gents above, get a new Gpu, see how it does. That I5 isn't a terrible chip, unfortunately you can't really Oc it much. If you find you still are having issues, then upgrade the Cpu and motherboard and next time get a unlockable chip. If you had a 2500k all you would need to do is Oc it with the new Gpu and you'd be all set.

I agree with the gents above, get a new Gpu, see how it does. That I5 isn't a terrible chip, unfortunately you can't really Oc it much. If you find you still are having issues, then upgrade the Cpu and motherboard and next time get a unlockable chip. If you had a 2500k all you would need to do is Oc it with the new Gpu and you'd be all set.

i have never been one to OC a cpu as i just dont really understand how to do it for one or feel like taking the time to learn and make sure its stable or making sure i have good enough cooling

i have never been one to OC a cpu as i just dont really understand how to do it for one or feel like taking the time to learn and make sure its stable or making sure i have good enough cooling
You do realize this is overclockers right ;) I jest. It's not all that hard and there are plenty of people here to help you. My point though, was if you had a chip that was unlocked, you likely would get a few more years out of your setup. Additionally, chips that are un locked also retain their value more then the non. My 12 year old has my i5 2500k in his setup, Oced to 4.5 on air and it will take any game he throws at it, Minecraft, COD and a few others he plays.

As far as your setup that 6850 with 1g of Vram is likely hurting your performance. As I said above, try getting a new Gpu such as a GTX 970 and see if it resolves your issues. If it doesn't we can cross that bridge when the time comes.

Based on the CPU that you have compared to a CPU that I have I can tell you that your CPU is fine for todays gaming scene. I have the Core i7-920 and your chip is better than mine. I have no problems with ultra settings.

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/370/Intel_Core_i5_i5-2400_vs_Intel_Core_i7_i7-920.html

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-920-vs-Intel-Core-i5-2400

I am sure that a simple GPU upgrade will get you everything that you are looking for.

HOWEVER! You still have not disclosed your PSU. What wattage are you running and what brand/modle? How old is it? This comes in to play with higher power GPU's.

Damn... been here for 10 years and do not overclock?!!!! You really need to learn... its SOOOOOOOOO easy on Intel (with an unlocked chip). :borg:

Anyway, yes, with that system and not your 3 year old obsolete system in your signature, I would agree to just get a better GPU as well. Please update that at your earliest convenience. :)

EDIT: I recall a PSU in his signature before... though not sure if it was the right one. Come on jedi, get that together!!! :) :grouphug:

I recall a PSU in his signature before... though not sure if it was the right one. Come on jedi, get that together!!! :) :grouphug:

Unfortunately I did check initially and it was not in the sig. I think it's important in this discussion to know that it will handle a new card.

Funny, that PSU is what I swore was in the sig... oh well. :)

PSU is PLENTY for any single GPU. Just make sure that PSU is fed cool air as its cheap and is only rated at 30C. ;)

Funny, that PSU is what I swore was in the sig... oh well. :)

PSU is PLENTY for any single GPU. Just make sure that PSU is fed cool air as its cheap and is only rated at 30C. ;)

i paid about 98 dollars when i got it last year and the one that was in my sig was a antec 650 which i think i still have but i think it has issues

The Corsair 750 will handle any card you're looking to buy. No worries there.

The Dodgy antec I would test or toss.

i paid about 98 dollars when i got it last year and the one that was in my sig was a antec 650 which i think i still have but i think it has issues
How much you pay versus quality doesn't always work. ;)

The CX line was their bottom barrel line. It will still do the job, but, as I said, it was rated at 30C instead of most that are 40C. It doesn't take much to reach 30C.... that said, with the load you will be putting on it, I wouldn't worry much.

How much you pay versus quality doesn't always work. ;)

The CX line was their bottom barrel line. It will still do the job, but, as I said, it was rated at 30C instead of most that are 40C. It doesn't take much to reach 30C.... that said, with the load you will be putting on it, I wouldn't worry much.

the only reason i got it was i was having issues with the computer crashing alot and thought that was the problem but the real issue was a couple sticks of ram had gone bad, i also recently cleaned out the case completely and did some cable management and if i get the chance i may try and get more fans

sorry about that and yes i will fix my sig later, here is a screenshot from newegg when i built the computer back in 2012, also a couple of those sticks of ram have since gone bad so i only have 8gigs of ram right now

doDVwQ8.png
I would just upgrade your video card for now to a GTX 970. I clocked my PC down to 3.4GHz and it made no difference with my video card in gaming for me. From sandybridge to skylake is 25% more.

What games do you play are they CPU dependent?

I would just upgrade your video card for now to a GTX 970. I clocked my PC down to 3.4GHz and it made no difference with my video card in gaming for me. From sandybridge to skylake is 25% more.

What games do you play are they CPU dependent?

i was playing fallout 4 but stopped as it was way to laggy, same with the latest call of duty, though i only play single player on that one

Sounds like you don't have enough video RAM I would Try the GTX 970 first that should be enough, I had that problem with 1.28GB V ram, I have Sandy bridge now works great no lag like you were talking about.

hey everyone! quick question i am thinking of upgrading my video card and i plan to get one from my local bestbuy but which one should i try? my two choices are a gtx 1050ti 4gig or a rx460

Back