• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap Chinese Watercooling!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Has anyone ever ghetto'd an h100? Was thinking about getting a refurb from the egg and choppn it up.

There are many AIO mods all over the place whether its for the CPU or GPU.

hoat anti freeze is made for fords, just ask at the auto parts store.
I still have the resevater around, I am looking at a 7970 gpu, now let me think........ resivater+7970+ ek block+(wait for it)........... larkooler = ghetto!!!!!!

blaylock, the only part you can reuse from an h100 is the rad, the pump is just so weak, and if you need a rad just pm me.

Don't use antifreeze. Of any kind. The glycols are not required and impede heat transfer. They might (might!) extend the life of the pump by a small amount due to their surfactant properties, but the loss in cooling performance just isn't worth it IMHO. The non-glycol "wetter" products do the same job (including the surfactant effect) without using glycol. I ran an unopened loop with Water Wetter, distilled, and copper sulfate for longer than I should have with relatively few problems, none of them corrosion related. I eventually got some biologicals growing and had to tear it down, but all the parts were impessively clean corrosion-wise on disassembly.

Keep in mind that the Reserator will take a while to reach full load temps due to the mass of the water involved. It might take close to an hour to get to full peak.

Last edited:
OP, what CPU are you running? I notice you've got an AM3+ board but only 4 phase power. If you're running anything above an FX4300 you're over-taxing your motherboard just FYI.

I'm running an FX8320. It's been doing alright, I built it about 8 months ago. But sometimes I lose graphics. All sound continues, but my graphics just goes black. I put that down to my psu though, so I'm getting a new one tomorow I think. Unless you think it may be something else?

I'm running an FX8320. It's been doing alright, I built it about 8 months ago. But sometimes I lose graphics. All sound continues, but my graphics just goes black. I put that down to my psu though, so I'm getting a new one tomorow I think. Unless you think it may be something else?

Sounds like an unstable graphics card.

Back