• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CHECKSUM ERROR help please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Most of those little CM/CR 2032 batteries have a shelf life of about 7 years today. So if you go to a store and buy one...it should be fine and not needing testing. Testing is good if you can do it. But a real new CR2032 should actually be good when you purchase it. A computer sales store should be able to test the battery for you. TV repair shop or the like have DMM's also.

Most of those little CM/CR 2032 batteries have a shelf life of about 7 years today. So if you go to a store and buy one...it should be fine and not needing testing. Testing is good if you can do it. But a real new CR2032 should actually be good when you purchase it. A computer sales store should be able to test the battery for you. TV repair shop or the like have DMM's also.
Man, i think my mobo is dead because of it's bad quality and my overclocked/overvoltaged cpu and gpu.
Should i buy this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131647

The board 'you' linked does not support the newer FX-series called BullDozer nor will it support the newer FX-series coming in a few months called PileDriver. The one I linked below does support those. Know it does the BullDozer and likely the coming PileDriver as well.

ASUS M5A97 EVO AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

IF you don't care at all about future cpus, then the one you linked is okay. The reason I mention later boards and later cpus is that here in the Usa we cannot even buy a good 6 core processor anymore. In order to get a more powerful processor we have to buy the FX-series. Don't know how it is for you in Turkey.

The board 'you' linked does not support the newer FX-series called BullDozer nor will it support the newer FX-series coming in a few months called PileDriver. The one I linked below does support those. Know it does the BullDozer and likely the coming PileDriver as well.

ASUS M5A97 EVO AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

IF you don't care at all about future cpus, then the one you linked is okay. The reason I mention later boards and later cpus is that here in the Usa we cannot even buy a good 6 core processor anymore. In order to get a more powerful processor we have to buy the FX-series. Don't know how it is for you in Turkey.
Thank you for advice
Here in Turkey, you can find even dual cores..But quad-cores are standart in most pc and six-cores are very common too..
I saw the bulldozers and it's price is very low comparing to i7.But it's said that the reason for the low price is the new "bad" technology they use and low performance of bulldozers.They say it's a big disappointment for the amd users...
One more question: I couldn't unlock the hidden cores of my phenom2 x2 555be processor because of this s**tty mobo of mine (after months, i learned that it doesn't support 125w processors)...:bang head
So, if i buy the one you adviced to me, can i unlock it?

Woundedrider, concerning that motherboard checksum problem did you by any chance move the jumper to reset the CMOS while there was still power to the board? The will typically corrupt the CMOS.

Woundedrider, concerning that motherboard checksum problem did you by any chance move the jumper to reset the CMOS while there was still power to the board? The will typically corrupt the CMOS.

I moved the battery several times while trying to unlock the cores, but i always cut the power before touching mobo..i'm afraid of electric you know.. :)

I'll buy this mobo, if i have money later, i'll buy a new cpu too. intel is too expensive i think i will continue with amd. fx6 or fx8

The only time you need to be afraid of electricy, is "in" the power supply (that's the thing the power cord plugs into), after it come out of the power supply the 12V, 5V, and 3.3V you won't even feel it.
Even so, it's alway good to have a healthy respect for electricy.

I moved the battery several times while trying to unlock the cores, but i always cut the power before touching mobo..i'm afraid of electric you know.. :)

I'll buy this mobo, if i have money later, i'll buy a new cpu too. intel is too expensive i think i will continue with amd. fx6 or fx8

The only time you need to be afraid of electricy, is "in" the power supply (that's the thing the power cord plugs into), after it come out of the power supply the 12V, 5V, and 3.3V you won't even feel it.
Even so, it's alway good to have a healthy respect for electricy.
:) this is for the normal cases.My case gives little shocks if i touch it's backwards. I think my psu have a leakage and is about to die too :D

:) this is for the normal cases.My case gives little shocks if i touch it's backwards. I think my psu have a leakage and is about to die too :D

If you think the power supply is failing then you certainly need to replace it with a good quality one. Failed power supplies often kill the board, cpu and ram. That is a hefty killing.

I had one power supply that killed two hard drives. At the time NOT yet knowing I had a power supply issue I hooked up a 'brand new' hard drive and it killed it as well. About $350.00 worth of drives from a failed power supply since drives cost SO much now. In my case I did not suspect a power supply, but you mention yours, so it might be well to get that power supply out of your case and in the trash if you really feel it is bad.

If you think the power supply is failing then you certainly need to replace it with a good quality one. Failed power supplies often kill the board, cpu and ram. That is a hefty killing.

I had one power supply that killed two hard drives. At the time NOT yet knowing I had a power supply issue I hooked up a 'brand new' hard drive and it killed it as well. About $350.00 worth of drives from a failed power supply since drives cost SO much now. In my case I did not suspect a power supply, but you mention yours, so it might be well to get that power supply out of your case and in the trash if you really feel it is bad.

if i buy a power supply for my current mobo, will it support my "future" mobo that you suggested to me?

Yes, it will support future motherboard technology for the foreseeable future, anyway. Just get a good, brand name PSU made by Antec, Corsair or Seasonic if they are available to you. Cutting corners on a foundational component like that is not a good idea.

Yes, it will support future motherboard technology for the foreseeable future, anyway. Just get a good, brand name PSU made by Antec, Corsair or Seasonic if they are available to you. Cutting corners on a foundational component like that is not a good idea.
İ found one: corsair 800w gaming edition.I think i will buy that.It's nearly 110$
is it good?

Good choice but do you really need 800?. If you only are running one video card, probably not. If only one video card a 500-550W good quality PSU is plenty.

Last edited:
Good choice but do you really need 800?. If you only are running one video card, probably not. If only one video card a 500-550W good quality PSU is plenty.

110$ seems affordable..it's for the future mobo and cpu :) i don't like to buy pre-made systems i buy single parts time to time (if i have money) and attach them by myself..so the next part is mobo, then cpu and so on.. :)

Back