• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chrome 64bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Meh, any word if they're going to fix the memory leaks? Chrome sucks in that regard.

What benefits would this give you(us)?
Mainly I can (and already have) removed 32bit java from my rig. So now I know any java based program will be using the faster 64bit version I have installed. Like Minecraft :)

That and it seems dumb to have a 64bit CPU, 64bit drivers and 64bit OS only to run a 32bit browser lol.
Meh, any word if they're going to fix the memory leaks? Chrome sucks in that regard.

Hmm? I haven't noticed anything like that and Chrome is always open with 30+ tabs at once..

Mainly I can (and already have) removed 32bit java from my rig. So now I know any java based program will be using the faster 64bit version I have installed. Like Minecraft :)

That and it seems dumb to have a 64bit CPU, 64bit drivers and 64bit OS only to run a 32bit browser lol.

Hmm? I haven't noticed anything like that and Chrome is always open with 30+ tabs at once..

You know that you can manually set which Java install Minecraft uses, correct?

You know that you can manually set which Java install Minecraft uses, correct?

Indeed I have set that.
However I saw an FPS drop after I installed 32bit Java and a re-boot.

I just assumed from there it was a Minecraft glitch :-/

Indeed I have set that.
However I saw an FPS drop after I installed 32bit Java and a re-boot.

I just assumed from there it was a Minecraft glitch :-/

It may have defaulted back to 32-bit due to seeing the new install of Java.

Back